Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This wonderful, early spring light shining through the front window on some of my Bowlers led me to two conclusions.

View attachment 493083

The first was to wear this Scott & Co for an evening outing:

View attachment 493082

The second was, I need to dust those hats :)
What I loved about your post Steve was the sentence in which you said: "Some of my bowlers."

How I empathise with that.

Hats & shirts 001 - Copy.JPG Shoe addiction 001 - Copy.JPG
My hats are all boxed and being bespoke, have sponge-like forms to keep the shape correct. I will show you another time. I do so like the bowlers.
Maroon Blazer And silvergreybtrousers2 001.JPG
I have become rather fond of this silverbelly look-a-like.

wsmontana

A-List Customer
This wonderful, early spring light shining through the front window on some of my Bowlers led me to two conclusions.

View attachment 493083

The first was to wear this Scott & Co for an evening outing:

View attachment 493082

The second was, I need to dust those hats :)
Okay that is a very cool stack of Bowlers! Is this how you store them or is this just a onetime arrangement to pick a hat for the evening?

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
They have a little hook that's crimped over the top of the ribbon. They might leave an indentation, but no holes.
Oh that's no problem then. Indentations might even disappear with steam and a well placed thumb, };^))
But those pins do make it unique. There is a forum thread here about pins, and lapel pins used on hats. I recently put a small Atatürk lapel pin on the knot of the bow on my modern blue Borsalino. In some cases I think well placed pins can add a great touch. Of course it's subjective but so is everything in this hobby.

Whatever you decide to do...you should post that hat with stars on this thread: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/post-the-pins-on-your-fedoras.15353/page-28

Last edited:
Oh that's no problem then. Indentations might even disappear with steam and a well placed thumb, };^))
But those pins do make it unique. There is a forum thread here about pins, and lapel pins used on hats. I recently put a small Atatürk lapel pin on the knot of the bow on my modern blue Borsalino. In some cases I think well placed pins can add a great touch. Of course it's subjective but so is everything in this hobby.

Whatever you decide to do...you should post that hat with stars on this thread: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/post-the-pins-on-your-fedoras.15353/page-28

I'm still not certain if it's after market or original to the hat. My guess is the former.

Never occurred to me to drop it in that thread. I'm generally not a.pin or feather guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy