Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

StoryPNW

One Too Many
I asked similar questions when I first discovered the plaque. Was this a sales gimmick or is this supposed to be a forest service or a park service hat? Is the plaque just something someone stuck down in the box at some point? There's nothing I see in the box or the hat to tell me.

But honestly, for as curious of a person as I am and as many questions as I ask, I would make an awful detective. It wouldn't surprise me if I'm overlooking the most obvious clue.

Do you have a collection of Smokey memorabilia?
No I don't, our house is too small for the number of hats I have LOL. Smokey has been a favorite character of mine since I was a kid though.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Véritable Feutre de Poil (1960’s, wool & fur blend, Unknown French maker) that I picked up from Daniele a couple of years ago. View attachment 553940
After an early finish at work, I wore my wool Hornskov for some grocery shopping. The felt is (obviously) well below the levels of my other Hornskovs, but it’s very nice for a wool felt and I really enjoy wearing it.
View attachment 553941 View attachment 553942
No Malbec in the house at present, so we’re celebrating the All Blacks progression to the World Cup final with Margaritas!
View attachment 553946
View attachment 553945
Woo-hoo, congrats on the victory! I'm not following it this year - who are you facing off against?

A couple of nice-looking wools, too!

hambone71

Practically Family
3X OR
IMG_6640.jpeg
IMG_6642.jpeg
IMG_6643.jpeg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Celebrated our anniversary last night with dinner and an Egyptian pyramid themed escape room while the kiddos had a sleepover at their aunt and uncle's house. First time to ourselves in 7.5 years, so got dressed up in a three-piece tweed suit and a Champ:
20231020_203347.jpg

We made it out with a couple minutes to spare.

Picked up the kids this afternoon under a spiral stitched brim Cavanagh:
20231021_160703.jpg
20231021_160807.jpg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Woo-hoo, congrats on the victory! I'm not following it this year - who are you facing off against?

A couple of nice-looking wools, too!
I’ve just finished watching South Africa scrape through 16-15 over England in the other semifinal.
So it’s the old enemy and our most respected opponent.
IMG_1740.jpeg
IMG_1741.jpeg

Bad luck @Steve1857 and @GHT.
So close. I really thought your boys were going to do it.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Celebrated our anniversary last night with dinner and an Egyptian pyramid themed escape room while the kiddos had a sleepover at their aunt and uncle's house. First time to ourselves in 7.5 years, so got dressed up in a three-piece tweed suit and a Champ:
View attachment 554100

View attachment 554101 View attachment 554102
Congratulations on your anniversary!
Two great hats, especially that spiral Cav!!

The Shoe

One Too Many
View attachment 554100

Congratulations!
Both looking good and looking like you’re having a great time. May there be many many more.

Véritable Feutre de Poil (1960’s, wool & fur blend, Unknown French maker) that I picked up from Daniele a couple of years ago. View attachment 553940
After an early finish at work, I wore my wool Hornskov for some grocery shopping. The felt is (obviously) well below the levels of my other Hornskovs, but it’s very nice for a wool felt and I really enjoy wearing it.
View attachment 553941 View attachment 553942
No Malbec in the house at present, so we’re celebrating the All Blacks progression to the World Cup final with Margaritas!
View attachment 553946
View attachment 553945
That Hornskov may be wool.. but it is shaped and finished quite nicely. Your French hat looks similar to stuff from Willoughby.

View attachment 554100

Happy Anniversary. Sounds like you had a blast. That Cavanagh is awesome

View attachment 554100

Congrats, Jonathan! The Champ is nice and all, but that spiral stitch one sings!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW