Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Ha! My first thought was, Is that color Steel, Granite, or Charcoal!

Taking photos of a few hats in one of my normal spots when I had a visitor:

View attachment 561942

This Coyote got within 15 feet of me which is very unusual. He eventually trotted off, but he never seemed concerned. Made me wonder if coyote fur would make a decent fur felt for hats…?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Taking photos of a few hats in one of my normal spots when I had a visitor:

View attachment 561942

This Coyote got within 15 feet of me which is very unusual. He eventually trotted off, but he never seemed concerned. Made me wonder if coyote fur would make a decent fur felt for hats…?
When I purchased this rabbit fur hat in Denver a few years back, they had the same model in coyote fur. The coyote was out of my price range but I asked the sales lady why coyote anyway? Her answer was that coyote fur won’t freeze but rabbit will.

I have never been in weather cold enough to freeze my rabbit fur hat (honestly, I don’t even know what that means - wouldn’t it have to get wet first and then wouldn’t anything freeze if it was wet?) but this shot is in -20f, which is the coldest temp I have ever seen. I’ve always wondered if she just invented that explanation.

This hat is my most worn hat on the road in Jan/Feb.
IMG_1950.jpeg

Last edited:

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
When I purchased this rabbit fur hat in Denver a few years back, they had the same model in coyote fur. The coyote was out of my price range but I asked the sales lady why coyote anyway? Her answer was that coyote fur won’t freeze but rabbit will.

I have never been in weather cold enough to freeze my rabbit fur hat (honestly, I don’t even know what that means - wouldn’t it have to get wet first and then wouldn’t anything freeze if it was wet?) but this shot is in -20f, which is the coldest temp I have ever seen. I’ve always wondered if she just invented that explanation.

This hat is my most worn hat on the road in Jan/Feb. View attachment 561972

I don’t know about the northern rabbits or coyotes up there, but I know Georgian Randalls would freeze to an icicled corpse!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
steur.jpg

Barbisio Cervo Qualita Speciale
That is just fabulous Stefan, I was taken with the Tirard Raid too but I think that the Barbisio just edged it.

Mercifully we don't have your rain, but the rain coat will certainly go in the car when we leave for church.
At the request of the good lady The Stetson Sovereign tops out this morning's church attire.
maroon blazer silver hat 002.JPG maroon blazer silver hat 003.JPG Maroon Blazer And silvergreybtrousers2 001.JPG
There will be a complete change of outfit and hats later, we are off to see The Jive Aces this evening. Looking forward to that. https://jiveaces.org/

View attachment 562047
Barbisio Cervo Qualita Speciale
That is just fabulous Stefan, I was taken with the Tirard Raid too but I think that the Barbisio just edged it.

Mercifully we don't have your rain, but the rain coat will certainly go in the car when we leave for church.
At the request of the good lady The Stetson Sovereign tops out this morning's church attire.
View attachment 562048 View attachment 562049 View attachment 562050
There will be a complete change of outfit and hats later, we are off to see The Jive Aces this evening. Looking forward to that. https://jiveaces.org/
Thank you, Robert. I'm sure the church ladies will be glancing your way more than once. Tina had better beware.;)

The Shoe

One Too Many
Sunday, rain (as usual) and the hats of the week.

Carl Blum
View attachment 562039

Penn Craft
View attachment 562040

Sools by Laubin
View attachment 562041

Barbisio Sportex Visone
View attachment 562042

Barbisio Cervo Qualita Speciale View attachment 562043

Tirard Raid View attachment 562044

Berteil
View attachment 562045

Panizza Cappello Vaso View attachment 562046
A stellar selection as usual, but I’m with Robert. It’s the Barbisio Cervo for me this week.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I don’t know about the northern rabbits or coyotes up there, but I know Georgian Randalls would freeze to an icicled corpse!
As a mostly tropics/subtropics boy I was surprised to find how refreshing zero degrees is. 30 degrees feels way colder. At zero, I can walk around in a relatively light jacket and fedora (I do wear ear muffs, though). I don’t know why, but I’ve talked to other drivers who agree - maybe it’s a humidity thing?

Negative 10, negative 20, though - that’s darn cold. At that temperature any exposed part of my body starts to burn after a short time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy