Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

J. Heinr. ITA Wien, date stamped September 29, 1939. Sold by Phillip Neubauer Berlin. I made this rare find back in 2015.

53472479349_58b4925065_h.jpg

53472306413_6529f55931_h.jpg

53472175181_fb840ff921_h.jpg

53471277237_c77c858af0_h.jpg

53472601630_03f5a13cbf_h.jpg

53472487154_4c077113d8_h.jpg

DonR

One of the Regulars
Heading into town for a quick trip. Received this the other day. It was listed as a fur felt, but I'm pretty certain it is a wool blend. It is shapeable, but feels rougher than my fur felts.

I decided to keep it because it is an old G.A. Dunn & Co., and it looks decent enough.

It will most likely be my St. Paddy's day hat if we do anything that day. It had a 2 3/8" brim and 4 1/2" crown.

20240118_162955.jpg

20240118_165708.jpg

20240118_163130.jpg

quikrick

One Too Many
Heading into town for a quick trip. Received this the other day. It was listed as a fur felt, but I'm pretty certain it is a wool blend. It is shapeable, but feels rougher than my fur felts.

I decided to keep it because it is an old G.A. Dunn & Co., and it looks decent enough.

It will most likely be my St. Paddy's day hat if we do anything that day. It had a 2 3/8" brim and 4 1/2" crown.

View attachment 581421
View attachment 581422
View attachment 581423
Oh damn!
Love that color!

hambone71

Practically Family

View attachment 581421
View attachment 581422
View attachment 581423
Cool looking hat.. great color. What is that a green and brown Heather? Maybe it’s a bit of a hare wool blend. Either way on a felt of that vintage it’s no comparison to the modern wool that gets such a bad wrap.. in my opinion and experience

DonR

One of the Regulars
Cool looking hat.. great color. What is that a green and brown Heather? Maybe it’s a bit of a hare wool blend. Either way on a felt of that vintage it’s no comparison to the modern wool that gets such a bad wrap.. in my opinion and experience
Thanks. I see no brown in it at all. All green with some reddish and white hair like fibers here and there as seen in the pic close up of the ribbon.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Been hunkered down for the past week as winter finally decided to show up. Transitioned from rain to sleet to snow to sub-zero temperatures. Air temps -15F with windchills -30F called for the balaclava or seal fur headwear. Today warmed up to a balmy 25F, so I celebrated the heatwave in my new Mac Lachlan Beaver Twenty:
20240118_160145.jpg
20240118_160040.jpg

Next week we're back above freezing and making a run for 40F with multiple rounds of rain, so most/all of this will melt. Been a strange winter.

Thanks. I see no brown in it at all. All green with some reddish and white hair like fibers here and there as seen in the pic close up of the ribbon.
gotcha. The reddish fibers were the ones I was picking up as brownish.

Mighty44

One Too Many

glider

A-List Customer

View attachment 581421
View attachment 581422
View attachment 581423
I would be very happy with it for St Patty's day!!!!!!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Cold wind and tiny ice spheres in the early afternoon
Hurre M. Penumbra 1.jpg
The temperature is dropping and the sky is clearing.
Hurre M. Penumbra 3.jpg
For the occasion a hat that is slightly narrow so it stays on the head.
Hurre M. Penumbra A.jpg
Mathias Hutter - Meran. Original Hutter Sport 1872 born as a Tyrolean hat has been reworked by Fleur of Penumbra Hats.
Hurre M. Penumbra B.jpg
The shape and the ribbon with its bow are her work.
The felt was produced in Merano considering that Mathias Hutter, in addition to selling hats from the most famous Italian and foreign brands, had the machinery to produce felt and hats.
About ten years ago the shop closed and the equipment was gone.
Hurre M. Penumbra 2.jpg
Thanks for your like on the Stetson "Absinthe" in Italy vacation
Compliments for your hats

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Steve! At one time I frowned upon homburgs (on me, not as a general rule), so you might be right and I might come around to wearing bowlers.

Of course, that would be just another reason to wish I had a more space-conscious hobby like vintage socks or something.
Been hunkered down for the past week as winter finally decided to show up. Transitioned from rain to sleet to snow to sub-zero temperatures. Air temps -15F with windchills -30F called for the balaclava or seal fur headwear. Today warmed up to a balmy 25F, so I celebrated the heatwave in my new Mac Lachlan Beaver Twenty:
View attachment 581455 View attachment 581456

Next week we're back above freezing and making a run for 40F with multiple rounds of rain, so most/all of this will melt. Been a strange winter.
That’s a beautiful hat J.
Love the profile pic. You can tell the felt quality just by the crease finger dimples.
Very nice crease profile.
Perfect!
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy