Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Mighty44

One Too Many

DonR

One of the Regulars
Today is a new to me Barbisio.

20240204_093347.jpg

20240204_093445.jpg

StoryPNW

Practically Family

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Sunday has come around again. Hats of the week time.

Barbisio Lontra
View attachment 587207

Lock&Co heather
View attachment 587208

Fléchet chamois
View attachment 587209

Borsalino longhair
View attachment 587210

Lock&Co (again)
View attachment 587211

Borsalino Gulaita
View attachment 587212

Feinste Velour Mode
View attachment 587213

Panfilo
View attachment 587214
As always great hats - and I agree, the Lock and Co. is a standout among standouts.

I notice that none of these hats have wind cords/trollies. Do you ever use them? Man, I need mine all the time when I visit the Low Countries.

Last edited:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
In order of preference con qualche invidia, caro Stefan
Like every Sunday morning, the rite of choice is repeated, with great joy.
A chapter should be opened on the Borsalino longhair. There are few of them and felt is always an enigma. I say that it was certainly not one of the company's flagships, despite their elegance
Grazie, Daniele. Those true longhairs are indeed rare in the Borsalino line up. They made them later on in the Ardilla line especially, but other than those they are rare. I posted this one in full here: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-borsalino-brotherhood.13133/post-3041919
Speaking of longhair Borsalinos, here’s my second Borsa traveling hat finally rescued out of storage.

Not nearly as fashionable (or as well-constructed) as my other coffin hat but this guy is very warm, fantastically soft (like petting a kitten), and comfortable as heck.

Perfect for those business trips where the client wants to go ice fishing!
IMG_0274.jpeg

IMG_0275.jpeg

IMG_0282.jpeg

IMG_0283.jpeg

IMG_0284.jpeg

IMG_0287.jpeg

Last edited:
As always great hats - and I agree, the Lock and Co. is a standout among standouts.

I notice that none of these hats have wind cords/trollies. Do you ever use them? Man, I need mine all the time when I visit the Low Countries.
Thanks, Nathan. Some of my hats have them, but I never use them. In high winds I either wear a well fitting homburg or a bowler.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I'm finally back at it again after a short bout with some kind of flu or illness of some sort. I did a quick practice run on this 4X Stetson refurb. I don't know how I'd classify this one. I got the idea for this hat style from what I think was a Borsalino. It now sports a 6 inch open crown with a Center Dent and a 3 1/2 brim with a pencil curl. I did a thin ribbon with a Borsalino style bow work. I also gave the brim a slight swoop in the front.

Before:
4-X-Stetson-Before-1.jpg

4-X-Stetson-Before-4.jpg

After:
4-X-Stetson-Western-2.jpg

4-X-Stetson-Western-3.jpg

4-X-Stetson-Western-1.jpg

Reused the liner and sweat:
4-X-Liner-and-Sweat.jpg

On the head:
4-X-Stetson-Western-8.jpg

Under different lighting:
4-X-Stetson-Western-7.jpg

I'm finally back at it again after a short bout with some kind of flu or illness of some sort. I did a quick practice run on this 4X Stetson refurb. I don't know how I'd classify this one. I got the idea for this hat style from what I think was a Borsalino. It now sports a 6 inch open crown with a Center Dent and a 3 1/2 brim with a pencil curl. I did a thin ribbon with a Borsalino style bow work. I also gave the brim a slight swoop in the front.

Before:
4-X-Stetson-Before-1.jpg

4-X-Stetson-Before-4.jpg

After:

4-X-Liner-and-Sweat.jpg

On the head:

Wow, that is a stunner, Terry. Those brim curls are a nightmare to get even I suspect.

I’ll stick to this all original Collins and Fairbanks—and a chew—for my statement.
Some smoke it, some soak it.

And few pics heralding what I’ve been up to this week.
Been very busy buying these 40s through 80s all carbon steel folding knives and building this humble display case. $120 in materials and thankfully didn’t have to buy the oak and fancy fabric, as I already had it on hand. View attachment 587025 View attachment 587024 View attachment 587026
View attachment 587027 View attachment 587028
Knives, though a long and usable interest of mine, aren’t near as fun or profitable as good old felt hats.
Just circling back, here… VERY impressive display, Randall. Your skills are outstanding!!

I knew a farmer in northern Vermont with a similar (but rougher, not as nicely finished) glassed-in display of sharp edges. He had over 1400 axe heads on display on the walls of his garage/shop.
By his standards, you have plenty of room for more!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Just circling back, here… VERY impressive display, Randall. Your skills are outstanding!!

I knew a farmer in northern Vermont with a similar (but rougher, not as nicely finished) glassed-in display of sharp edges. He had over 1400 axe heads on display on the walls of his garage/shop.
By his standards, you have plenty of room for more!

Thanks a lot, Charlie!

That farmer sure did like him some axe heads!! Wonder if there’s a forum out there that enabled/motivated that many acquisitions?
I guess an FL member might say he is the “Max” of Axes!
:)
If I didn’t have all my walls plastered with vintage hats I might be able to hang more knives, but also lack more money to do it!
Maybe I need to, finally, sink a dollar in the Georgia lottery? If I won I could be the first to squander it all, not on drugs, drink and dames, but on pocket daggers and dead men’s hats.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab

Before:
4-X-Stetson-Before-1.jpg

4-X-Stetson-Before-4.jpg

After:

4-X-Liner-and-Sweat.jpg

On the head:

Nice job on that western, Terry!
Looks good on, too.
I’ve not yet tried an official brim curl.
Need one of them brim bender thingies like you gots.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy