Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Wow!!

I have heard tell of the detachable sweatband. Is it buttoned in? Seems like I remember seeing one that buttoned in.

Great looking “In no way associated with John B Stetson” hat!!

Great look, Joe. Wonderful colour if it's true.

How does the sweat detach?
Thanks guys.. I’d say the color is fairly accurate. These greys tend to shift a bit in different light.

The sweat is held in with sort of buttons. I’ll see if I have some picks. I’ve found this Carter system on one other non SLS as well. It think It was a Canadian hat… want to say either Biltmore or Brock.

Thanks guys.. I’d say the color is fairly accurate. These greys tend to shift a bit in different light.

The sweat is held in with sort of buttons. I’ll see if I have some picks. I’ve found this Carter system on one other non SLS as well. It think It was a Canadian hat… want to say either Biltmore or Brock.
Yes…. They were little metal buttons that went through the reed tape. I’m not sure if the buttons were sewn to the felt.. or to a second reed tape that was sewn in like a sweatband.
IMG_20210101_161138422_Original.jpeg

Today I could see something like that being done with Velcro

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many

I remember the photos I saw being pretty impressive and I wondered why it never caught on. Sure makes getting a new sweatband a piece of cake. I guess hat wearers just didn’t need to change sweatbands enough?

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!
Wearing this modern Barbisio that just arrived today. Probably the fastest I have ever received a hat, and from Shopgoodwilldotcom even! Sure, it did ship from within CA, but I won the auction and paid just after 7 pm west coast time Sunday, and it arrived today at about 1:30.I have had other Goodwill purchases from within the state take over a week before.
Anyway...
20240227_164233.jpg 20240227_164241.jpg 20240227_164246.jpg 20240227_164455.jpg

Have a great day!

Hey all!
Wearing this modern Barbisio that just arrived today. Probably the fastest I have ever received a hat, and from Shopgoodwilldotcom even! Sure, it did ship from within CA, but I won the auction and paid just after 7 pm west coast time Sunday, and it arrived today at about 1:30.I have had other Goodwill purchases from within the state take over a week before.
Anyway...
View attachment 595125 View attachment 595126 View attachment 595127 View attachment 595128

Have a great day!
Nice!

IMG_6160.gif

The Shoe

One Too Many
Congratulations to Etsuko (and yourself of course). She's looking very stylish and elegant with that long coat. I'm with her on the preference for the second Hornskov. And foodpics; jay!
The Mogul is certainly the nicer of those two, but the black cherry Emissary and the camel Broker both put forward a good case for my nicest Hornskov. Etsuko’s not a fan of the tall crown on the Broker, but I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner