Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab

The Shoe

One Too Many
View attachment 600336 View attachment 600337

Failsworth Deep Brown Med/Long Hair
Medium/Long Hair Finish Felt
Approx 5inch crown as shaped (about 6 Open)
2 7/8 Raw Edge Brim
Approx 1 7/8 Brown Grosgrain Ribbon

I felt like this was one I needed to take a shot on. Listed as a “100% Wool Felt Trilby” I didn’t see any reason to believe any of those things were true. In hand it appears to be a medium/long hair fur felt with a very soft finish and it’s nearly 3 inch brim would outsize most folks definition of “Trilby” (except maybe Joao). Failsworth, a UK hat maker in Manchester had the UK Stetson manufacturing license starting in 1949... which seem to account for most of the Failsworth manufactured hats that turn up here. Occasionally though an actual Failsworth branded hat does pop up And I am happy to add this one to the collection. I’m not sure the age of this hat.. Stefan indicated it is a more modern offering based on liner logo.. though the term “more modern” around here often can mean anything from the 1970s/80s to current. Would love to narrow down a bit. In the end though age is not of too much significance as if this hat was made even last week and at this quality level… it would be even more impressive.

View attachment 600338 View attachment 600339 View attachment 600340 View attachment 600341
If that’s a trilby, you’ll have record participation in Stingymas this year!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
St. Patrick's Day Borsalino.

Slainté!

20240317_233018.jpg

VoodooSan

A-List Customer
Good morning. My morning walkabout under gry, cold and windy skies was taken wearing a Gannon Wanderer (blue beaver felt with charcoal trimmings).

i-jZFH7nZ-M.jpg

i-56Dk9w7-M.jpg

i-WHcchH9-M.jpg

I wore a un-reeded Manhattan fedora for my wandering while sipping morning coffee.

i-ZJsdWB3-M.jpg

The underwelted felt is very soft and malleable.

i-pPV7FbB-M.jpg

i-2X6zG6Z-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
The Manhattan is very nice, but that Gannon is breathtaking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo