Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Flagship

IMG_20240404_171318959_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240404_171320043 Copy.jpeg
IMG_20240404_171417206_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240404_171434609_HDR Copy.jpeg
IMG_20240404_171333547 Copy.jpeg

DonR

One of the Regulars
Thank you Mark. This one and a couple others were a thrift store jackpot for me the other day

Dang. I need to make a road trip. I live in an area with a lot of thrift stores and antique stores, but mostly Amish. I can find all kinds of antique tools and farming equipment, but not much in the way of hats other than used Amish ones.

VoodooSan

A-List Customer
Sometimes your timing is just right (or another enabler tips you off about something :D), and you score big-time. Today’s mail brought this gorgeous and absolutely pristine Knox Open Road clone, vintage estimated to be the early 60s, which appears to have never been worn. It's possible that I may like this bound-edge version even more than my actual OR. I threw on a nice horsehair I had handy, and, since it's raining cats and dogs here, indulged myself by wearing it in the house all day.

Knox Open Road clone 1.jpg
Knox Open Road clone 2.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. A theme of gray (or blue-gray) hats will be evident from my post.

A morning walkabout in a Royal Stetson (very light hued blue-gray felt).

i-w9cQGkD-M.jpg

i-CcZQKGc-M.jpg

i-jQg7DV2-M.jpg

Morning coffee in a Stetson Royal DeLuxe (gray felt). The tall crown on this hat makes creasing it fun.

i-KdnpRX3-M.jpg

i-xL3WMk2-M.jpg

i-5b5P8RQ-M.jpg

Washed the car and picked up a bag of groceries in a Stetson Whippet.

i-DwbSfxT-M.jpg

i-R3hM5RC-M.jpg

i-X65Fdh2-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:
Sometimes your timing is just right (or another enabler tips you off about something :D), and you score big-time. Today’s mail brought this gorgeous and absolutely pristine Knox Open Road clone, vintage estimated to be the early 60s, which appears to have never been worn. It's possible that I may like this bound-edge version even more than my actual OR. I threw on a nice horsehair I had handy, and, since it's raining cats and dogs here, indulged myself by wearing it in the house all day.

View attachment 604524 View attachment 604525
Very sharp, Mark.

Seriously?!?!?! Wow. You have a MUCH better class of thrift stores in your area than I do!!!! :D

Dang. I need to make a road trip. I live in an area with a lot of thrift stores and antique stores, but mostly Amish. I can find all kinds of antique tools and farming equipment, but not much in the way of hats other than used Amish ones.

Whether it be hats shirts, ties, jackets or whatever, you can't beat a good thrift store find, Joe. Nice catch on the shirt(s).

We enjoy it…. And recently my teenage son got into it a bit more so it is one of the few things he still wants to do with his parents. Maybe it is due to the area.. but we do have some nice stuff pop up once in a while. To be clear it was the shirts I found…. I think I’d probably faint if I found a Flagship at one of our thrifts. LOL.

VoodooSan

A-List Customer
Good morning. A theme of gray (or blue-gray) hats will be evident from my post.

A morning walkabout in a Royal Stetson (very light hued blue-gray felt).

i-w9cQGkD-M.jpg

i-CcZQKGc-M.jpg

i-jQg7DV2-M.jpg

Morning coffee in a Stetson Royal DeLuxe (gray felt). The tall crown on this hat makes creasing it fun.

i-KdnpRX3-M.jpg

i-xL3WMk2-M.jpg

i-5b5P8RQ-M.jpg

I went and washed the car and picked up a bag of groceries in a Stetson Whippet.

i-DwbSfxT-M.jpg

i-R3hM5RC-M.jpg

i-X65Fdh2-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Now THOSE constitute a stand-up triple!!!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
To keep company with the new purchases, all made in France, several years ago, I dusted off a contemporary of theirs, with no good result
JOB 3.jpg

JOB chapellerie located in Lezignag, a French town in the Aude department.
JOB 1.jpg
The hat is a magnificent example, at least in my opinion as a collector, of an elegant hat from the beginning of the last century.
JOB 5.jpg
Made mainly of wool and a few tufts of hair, it has an almost silky surface that reflects light.
Unlined and with a high ribbon and snapless brims it is almost good for this full Italian springtime
JOB 6.jpg
I also attach a photo of the peonies in full and fast bloom
JOB Fiori.jpg
Have a nice day and keep alive the hats parade!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
To keep company with the new purchases, all made in France, several years ago, I dusted off a contemporary of theirs, with no good result
View attachment 604672
JOB chapellerie located in Lezignag, a French town in the Aude department.
View attachment 604673
The hat is a magnificent example, at least in my opinion as a collector, of an elegant hat from the beginning of the last century.
View attachment 604674
Made mainly of wool and a few tufts of hair, it has an almost silky surface that reflects light.
Unlined and with a high ribbon and snapless brims it is almost good for this full Italian springtime
View attachment 604675
I also attach a photo of the peonies in full and fast bloom
View attachment 604676
Have a nice day and keep alive the hats parade!
Wonderful looking oldie with a broad ribbon, Daniele. Still got the basting stitches in it, too. A very nice French find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo