Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

VoodooSan

A-List Customer
Thanks Mark!!! Im not real comfortable with non pinch front creases.. but it’s nice having variety.
I can certainly understand that. I had an Optimo shape ages ago (can't remember the manufacturer) that I bought thinking it was the cat's pajamas, as change of paces go. In reality, I almost never wore it, and finally gave it away. Hopefully, you'll give that beauty more love than I gave mine.

It’s been raining the last three days and I’ve been under the Gannon pure beaver all that time. This guy got a new bash yesterday - and I hope this is getting close to the final version.

It’s been an interesting adventure: I ordered a 5-3/4 inch crown and received one that ended up being 7 inches after it tapered to hell straight out of the box (see the first photo).

To be clear, Michael did offer to reblock it for me but I decided to just work with it and see what I could come up with.
This crown is the closest I have achieved to what I originally intended.

7 inch dunce cap:
View attachment 606135

Here’s where it’s at today:
View attachment 606132
View attachment 606133
View attachment 606134
View attachment 606120
Wow…. That’s. A heck of a crease!!

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Stetson St. Regis
437515844_18427349896015540_3567141887964691516_n.jpg
437376630_18427349887015540_924030463796784690_n.jpg

I can certainly understand that. I had an Optimo shape ages ago (can't remember the manufacturer) that I bought thinking it was the cat's pajamas, as change of paces go. In reality, I almost never wore it, and finally gave it away. Hopefully, you'll give that beauty more love than I gave mine.
I will do my best. It helps that I really like the hat overall. However It is a hair big.. so I don’t love how it sits especially proportionally how squat the crown looks considering its width. I’m hoping after I get around to showing some felt strips behind the sweat it will fit snug enough not to fear it floating away and it will get a bunch of wear this summer. Which essentially begins here any day now.. or sometime LASt month…. (Officially end of June) And extends to say…. Mid to late November LOL

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
The weather cleared up and I got some better shots of the Gannon beaver today, which is not coming off my head very easily. Also on display were my new Allen Edmond penny loafers for a grocery run this morning.

This hat might be a bit unique from above, but from all other angles it’s very close to what I wanted.

Happy Friday friends.
IMG_1207.jpeg

IMG_1209.jpeg

IMG_1210.jpeg

Altiori

One of the Regulars
View attachment 606079 View attachment 606080

Panama Hats Direct - Optimo Crease
Fine weave straw
4 1/4 Crown with Optimo Crease
2 1/2 brim

Picked up this Optimo crease by Panama Hats Direct for less than a song. Needed a little bit of reshaping via sitting in the sun and a bit of steam. But I think it whipped up nicely. The straw weave is very fine… not quite as tight a weave as my finest. Weave count of course is not the only measure of quality.. you can see some tiny imperfections in the close up of the brim compared next to my vintage Muses Panama…. None the less this is one very nice hat. Not sure I love the orange colored hat band…. But these bands actually slip on and off… I checked out their website and they sell them. I might just order a few extras.

View attachment 606081 View attachment 606082 View attachment 606083 View attachment 606084 View attachment 606085 View attachment 606086
Your kids look great. The orange band pops as well.
I own about 3-4 hats from PHD. They do nice work at excellent prices.

Altiori

One of the Regulars
View attachment 606079 View attachment 606080

Panama Hats Direct - Optimo Crease
Fine weave straw
4 1/4 Crown with Optimo Crease
2 1/2 brim

Picked up this Optimo crease by Panama Hats Direct for less than a song. Needed a little bit of reshaping via sitting in the sun and a bit of steam. But I think it whipped up nicely. The straw weave is very fine… not quite as tight a weave as my finest. Weave count of course is not the only measure of quality.. you can see some tiny imperfections in the close up of the brim compared next to my vintage Muses Panama…. None the less this is one very nice hat. Not sure I love the orange colored hat band…. But these bands actually slip on and off… I checked out their website and they sell them. I might just order a few extras.

View attachment 606081 View attachment 606082 View attachment 606083 View attachment 606084 View attachment 606085 View attachment 606086

Your kids look great. The orange band pops as well.
I own about 3-4 hats from PHD. They do nice work at excellent prices.

“Lids”….damn Spall-Chucker!

LOL. Could still work as "kids" depending how deeply one feels about their hats.

haha. Thank you. Had me thinking…. I didn’t remember posting a photo of my kids….. Don has a point though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails