Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
My old Squatter was a good choice for snowy trek to the uni. Hit a few drips on the way back.

View attachment 607621 View attachment 607622
That is my favorite squatter. Every time I see it, I skip over to the Hattery site and think “maybe I should get one of those”. But I know it won’t look as good in my small head size.

When does the snow finally melt in your area?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Oxblood Vintage Silhouettes with a vintage copper ribbon from France.

View attachment 607584 View attachment 607585 View attachment 607586 View attachment 607587
hat beauty.jpg
Yes please Charlie, seven and three quarter inch. that's sixty-two in metric, actually it's sixty-one point six, but I can suffer it not being exact for that lid. Fabulous colour!

wsmontana

A-List Customer
That is my favorite squatter. Every time I see it, I skip over to the Hattery site and think “maybe I should get one of those”. But I know it won’t look as good in my small head size.

When does the snow finally melt in your area?
Thanks Nathan! The Squatter is one of my favorites for foul weather and time on the river.

We get the occasional springtime snow here in the valleys but it typically melts off same day as it did today. We still have snowpack in the mountains but it will melt off (hopefully slowly) over the next couple months and fill our rivers and lakes.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Thanks Nathan! The Squatter is one of my favorites for foul weather and time on the river.

We get the occasional springtime snow here in the valleys but it typically melts off same day as it did today. We still have snowpack in the mountains but it will melt off (hopefully slowly) over the next couple months and fill our rivers and lakes.
Boy do I miss that country. I am hoping to get back in the driver’s seat next year but the trucking company I work for out of Chicago seems to mostly be running east these days (freight prices are in the cellar so companies don’t have as much choice anymore). I might have to look for another company further west.

Stay dry!

Altiori

One of the Regulars
That is a beautiful hat. A wonderful color.

I have a Milan that Art did for me about six years ago. A work of “Art” so to speak. I know he’s out of the business but wonder how he’s doing.
Thank you kindly.

I spoke with Art yesterday, coincidentally. He’s well, and enjoying retirement. We talked about the grit it takes to get older…
I wish he’d make just one more Milan for me, too!

View attachment 607632
Yes please Charlie, seven and three quarter inch. that's sixty-two in metric, actually it's sixty-one point six, but I can suffer it not being exact for that lid. Fabulous colour!
Ah, Robert, we do suffer the plight of the large-headed hat wearer. But look, a young banker at the local branch was too big for a size 8 homburg I brought to him. We need to consider how lucky we are!
IMG_3236.jpeg

Altiori

One of the Regulars
Thank you kindly.

I spoke with Art yesterday, coincidentally. He’s well, and enjoying retirement. We talked about the grit it takes to get older…
I wish he’d make just one more Milan for me, too!
Thank you. So glad to hear. When I spoke with him-the few times I did—I was impressed by his gentleness, humility, and good humor. I’m sure he’d not recall me, but I will always remember him..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner