Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful day!!
No supervision and I’ve gone Vogue.
ED395B64-B6FB-4ADB-89DF-D0AC73E4B944.jpeg
48E20027-2F9B-4257-BBEC-54EE045775D5.jpeg
69EC73CC-D763-4E24-BEA4-2C8A53139D17.jpeg

Mighty44

One Too Many
Pseudo-whippet Wednesday.

I have struggled to find the right bash for my King’s Umbrella custom job. I don’t think I will ever order another crown taller than 5-5/8. This 5-3/4 is wasted on me: I’ve dropped it all the way down and I like it a lot better this way.

I am Including an interior shot even though there are no markings because this is probably the most comfortable and attractive interior I own.

If Alan starts making hats again for the same price, I highly recommend it.
View attachment 612553
View attachment 612554
View attachment 612556
View attachment 612557
View attachment 612558
Looks good! I suspect you could still steam it lower and wider with a deep C or diamond bash and lose overall height if you don’t love. You just end up with more of the crown lying on your head. That’s how I generally shape my hats but I think Randall disapproves…;)

Mm25

One Too Many
A full day of yard work necessitated a mid day wardrobe change as I had sweated through everything, including my usual Akubra yard hat. Looking for air flow, I went pith helmet. It did help. I don’t know how you southern gentlemen handle the heat. By most people’s reckoning it wasn’t that hot yet.
IMG_7814.jpeg

VoodooSan

Practically Family

I have struggled to find the right bash for my King’s Umbrella custom job. I don’t think I will ever order another crown taller than 5-5/8. This 5-3/4 is wasted on me: I’ve dropped it all the way down and I like it a lot better this way.

I am Including an interior shot even though there are no markings because this is probably the most comfortable and attractive interior I own.

View attachment 612553
View attachment 612554
View attachment 612556
View attachment 612557
View attachment 612558
VERY handsome, and sophisticated, hat, Nathan.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Looks good! I suspect you could still steam it lower and wider with a deep C or diamond bash and lose overall height if you don’t love. You just end up with more of the crown lying on your head. That’s how I generally shape my hats but I think Randall disapproves…;)
Thanks David!

The only crowns that I fold down like a c-crease or diamond bash are 2-3/8 brims or less. It’s not that I don’t like those creases, it’s just that eventually I want to put it back to center crease and then I’ve got to deal with the crease ghosts/shadows. A diamond bash leaves dimples which can be hard to get rid of, so I just leave them at a center crease as much as possible.

But I agree, the c-crease/teardrop is cool and it looks good on your hats!

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many

RickP

Familiar Face

View attachment 612553
View attachment 612554
View attachment 612556
View attachment 612557
View attachment 612558
Texas de Brazil?... hope you had a good meal! Im kind of glad I dont live near one anymore... Something about nonstop meat brought t the table is hard to resist

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff