Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Really vibrant colors in that hitched band. Nice one.
Thank you, Greg. When I acquired a Funmaker Bounty Hunter hat it came without a hatband, so I bought a couple of these hitched bands to try something different. I put an earth-toned one on the BH. Since this other one was just lying around I removed the simple stock black elastic band and threw it on the Sunbody.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Tail end of a 15-hour shift. I’m still not sure how I want shape this Camp Draft.

View attachment 614658

View attachment 614656

View attachment 614657
I shall look forward to seeing what you do Bob. The contrast of the silver grey with the darker grey makes for a very attractive hat.
Knox Twenty got a fresh steam today. Just realized the branded Knox button And windcord is entirely for show on this hat. The button is just on an elastic loop and not attached to the hat at all. Essentially it’s a branded hat band decoration. I have what I believe slightly later Knox Twenty with the same… just didn’t realize was the case on this one. Makes me wonder if it is actually the case with all the branded buttons on 50s Knox Twenties

View attachment 614800 View attachment 614801 View attachment 614802 View attachment 614803 View attachment 614804 View attachment 614805
What a gorgeous colour Joe, just fabulous. I might just show it to my milliner. That button that you mentioned, I do something similar when we attend classic car meetings and vintage festivals in the old MG. Using an MG lapel pin, I have made a hat badge similar to the button in your photo. It gets MG types all worked up. They are easily pleased.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Knox Twenty got a fresh steam today. Just realized the branded Knox button And windcord is entirely for show on this hat. The button is just on an elastic loop and not attached to the hat at all. Essentially it’s a branded hat band decoration. I have what I believe slightly later Knox Twenty with the same… just didn’t realize was the case on this one. Makes me wonder if it is actually the case with all the branded buttons on 50s Knox Twenties

View attachment 614800 View attachment 614801 View attachment 614802 View attachment 614803 View attachment 614804 View attachment 614805
Handsome hat, Joe. My 20 has the same fake wind trolley—a fun detail.

RickP

One of the Regulars
Avoid an emergency this morning... was out of Bloody Mary ingrediants so the Dog and I had to make a little road trip a couple towns over to resupply (Ahh the joys of living in a semi dry county lol). Took the reworked/ resized Stetson Gus along. Got back and did the yardwork with a decent sized LLB Straw
Compress_20240430_142914_4399.jpg

Compress_20240518_133417_7838.jpg

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars
Avoid an emergency this morning... was out of Bloody Mary ingrediants so the Dog and I had to make a little road trip a couple towns over to resupply (Ahh the joys of living in a semi dry county lol). Took the reworked/ resized Stetson Gus along. Got back and did the yardwork with a decent sized LLB Straw View attachment 614835
View attachment 614834

Great hats, but the dog don't match! Time to get a new dog... ;)

Granville

One of the Regulars
Starting to bust out the straws. Here's an Optimo-style that was last worn at the Opening Ceremonies for the '84 Olympics. Or so I'm told by the previous owner who claimed it was part of the official outfit for Team USA.

IMG_3107.JPG

Walked out on the strand past Surfer's Rock and down to the bird sanctuary.
IMG_3122.JPG
IMG_3127.JPG

IMG_3103.JPG

Although branded Levi's, Blare advises that Levi Strauss and Co. owned Resistol back in the eighties. So I'm inclined to believe it was the top guys at Resistol that put this baby together.
IMG_3120.JPG

BUT -- I haven't put the felts away for summer yet
straw season.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Starting to bust out the straws. Here's an Optimo-style that was last worn at the Opening Ceremonies for the '84 Olympics. Or so I'm told by the previous owner who claimed it was part of the official outfit for Team USA.
View attachment 614879
You are probably right about the hat and the 1984 Olympics. Just a few days ago I remember seeing something very similar on E-Bay, checked it out and there it was. Size 7 $24:98. https://www.ebay.com/itm/115837696676

Last edited:
What a gorgeous colour Joe, just fabulous. I might just show it to my milliner. That button that you mentioned, I do something similar when we attend classic car meetings and vintage festivals in the old MG. Using an MG lapel pin, I have made a hat badge similar to the button in your photo. It gets MG types all worked up. They are easily pleased.

Handsome hat, Joe. My 20 has the same fake wind trolley—a fun detail.
Thank you gentlemen. Much appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou