Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

VoodooSan

Practically Family
A generous Lounger friend gifted me this nice Dobbs 20. The crown and crease is all whopper jawed and crumpled up but the felt is still as nice and solid as it ever was. No fading. No mothing. I thought about straightening out the crown and recreasing it but the more I looked at that hat, the way it already is, the better I like it. It has tons of character the way it is, imo. It just looks like a well worn hat. Other than changing out the sweat I may leave it alone and just wear it like this.

Dobbs-20-9.jpg

Dobbs-20-6.jpg

Dobbs-20-4.jpg

Dobbs-20-7.jpg

Dobbs-20-8.jpg

Slap on a little leather treatment and I'm golden...
Dobbs-20-1.jpg

Dobbs-20-2.jpg
I agree: it's pretty darned awesome as it is, Terry!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
There is a variation in the weather in Italy these days: clouds with sun in the morning and flashes of rain in the afternoon.
Tonak Nero velour 5.jpg
On a break I wore this glorious Tonak
Tonak Nero velour 1.jpg
My first "modern" purchase in the honored Huckel heritage.
It is a modern velour in the magical wake of the Huckel.
Tonak Nero velour 2.jpg
The Tonak is slightly stiffer in the brims but the crown closely resembles the magnificent Huckel velours of a hundred years ago.
Tonak Nero velour 6.jpg

I was lucky because the sun left in a flash and because this magnficient velour it is not yet in production.
I dreamed one in blue or brown :cool:

RickP

One of the Regulars
A generous Lounger friend gifted me this nice Dobbs 20. The crown and crease is all whopper jawed and crumpled up but the felt is still as nice and solid as it ever was. No fading. No mothing. I thought about straightening out the crown and recreasing it but the more I looked at that hat, the way it already is, the better I like it. It has tons of character the way it is, imo. It just looks like a well worn hat. Other than changing out the sweat I may leave it alone and just wear it like this.

Dobbs-20-9.jpg

Dobbs-20-6.jpg

Dobbs-20-4.jpg

Dobbs-20-7.jpg

Dobbs-20-8.jpg

Dobbs-20-1.jpg

Dobbs-20-2.jpg
I agree that sometimes its better to just do a light steaming / straightning, but leave the "character" there for all to enjoy. I have plenty of new looking hats, but some of my favorites are the ones with a bit of battle damage lol

RickP

One of the Regulars
As an example, this little Moose River is absolutely the most comfortable hat Ive ever owned. Even with stains, chunk out of brim, and discolored ribbon. I did a little white gas dunking / cleaning and then left it just the way it came to me. Grubby and casual clothes deserve a decent hat too!

Compress_20240508_114046_6806.jpg

Dobbs-20-9.jpg

Dobbs-20-6.jpg

Dobbs-20-4.jpg

Dobbs-20-7.jpg

Dobbs-20-8.jpg

Dobbs-20-1.jpg

Dobbs-20-2.jpg
Looks good, Terry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart