Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat That You Wear Has Got You The Most Comments.

job

One Too Many
I get the most remarks when I wear my Falcon Park Hattery custom in silver belly with a blue ribbon and a gray bound edge. I also tend to dress up more with this hat which may contribute to the remarks.

DSCN0819.jpg

DSCN0433-1.jpg

Last edited:

The Rag And Bone Man

One of the Regulars
I'll be honest i find it hard to wear a fedora without wearing a pressed shirt, dress pants and may be a good looking vest. Now that i am trying to resurrect my wardrobe, my wife thinks i have gone completly mad. She for so many years has seen me dress in casual shorts t shirts and flip flops, and now that i am trying to make a big effort to taking an interest in my looks she thinks that it's over the top.
To be honest i am loving it, as i feel i now have an identity and it gives me a great pleasure finding nice clothes to mix and match with each other.
Plus on the upside my wife has had a few comments over my transformation period from family and friends, all being positive so i think deep down she is happy, even though it takes me a little longer to get ready in the mornings compared to before.
Anyway job enough of me thats one stunning hat, very unique i am not surprised you get plenty of comments wearing it.
Cheers

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I get responses from every hat I wear.
With today's dress code for men being so sloppy. Wearing a hat and nice shoes, nice shirt and casual jacket and a good pair of non ripped jeans. Will always garner comments. My Campdraft deluxe is always a hit due wide brim and tall crown. CD's and open roads are always a hit. Reminds many people of their grand fathers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tealseal

A-List Customer
My most commented upon recently has been my Optimo Hatworks custom, but some of my favourite comments have come due to my VS "Theodore".

Jack Patch

Familiar Face

Joe Rotax

Familiar Face
I only have westerns and no one says anything which is the way I want it. Been wearing a cav hat with black acorns all winter because it has the chin strap if needed. One thing I have noticed though is that the guards at the courthouse never check my ID when I roll in so I guess they remember me. Picked up a Stetson Range last year which goes OK with a business suit and might maybe get a felt Open Road this year in addition the straw Open Road that I want. Not sure about the felt Open Road though as I kinda like the Range a lot and it was a compromise to go from the standard 4" brim to the 3" brim on the Range. Might just spend the money on another Range.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
I get responses from every hat I wear.
With today's dress code for men being so sloppy. Wearing a hat and nice shoes, nice shirt and casual jacket and a good pair of non ripped jeans. Will always garner comments.

Sadly, I also find this to be true here in the UK... overall, I'd say that my herringbone Jaxon Big Apple caps, which I have in black and brown, have garnered the most positive comments over the years, in the UK, Europe and, surprisingly enough, across the US, from Memphis to Brooklyn! Funnily enuff, they're easily available and cheap as chips both sides of the Atlantic...

I did a lot of working the brims, hot hand-washing and then wearing 'em until dry to get a good shape started, they're too 'dish like' when new. After six months or so of nearly daily wear, thanks to our rotten, rainy climate, they start to conform quite nicely!

379846_10151059525755471_1221119159_n.jpg

memphislawyer

Practically Family
I have a hat similar to Alive n Amplified's. It is also a Falcon Park but it has a pink contrast in the keeper. I don't know that this is what sets it apart, but today, just walking back from making a deposit at the bank, two compliments. Like Ed, I think part of it is me wearing a suit and tie and the hat, and people see that as dressed up, even if I have the tie off or even the suit coat off.

falcon1.jpg

I also have a Buckaroo Hatters silverbelly that I tend to wear more casually and yet it still garners compliments.

In fact, given that I wear my hat about all the time, I went the other day to court because it was like 65ish and I thought I would need only to be there for 10 minutes, and people asked me where my hat was!!

Banky

One of the Regulars
In my experience thus far since I've started wearing fedoras, I get comments on any of them. I'm a younger guy and I think seeing someone my age pull out a hat like these is just interesting to others in my age bracket.

g.durand

One Too Many
They're all getting comments lately. It doesn't seem to matter which hat I'm wearing, just that I'm wearing one. Last week at work I got the "Nice hat" or "Awesome hat" comment almost every day, all from young women! Today in the checkout line at Safeway the checker in the adjacent aisle shouted "You look sharp!"

A couple of days ago I was on the street at the edge of the Mission District in San Francisco as two guys approached me walking in the opposite direction, one wearing a baseball cap backwards, the other hatless, both with several days of stubble on their faces. I was wearing my Navy Blue Optimo. As I passed, baseball cap said, "Wow, cool hat!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff