Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is it you want more than anything...?

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
sweetfrancaise said:
Aw, me too! Glad to find some common ground here--what did happen to conversations, anyway?

I haven't been able to pin that down, yet. lol

sweetfrancaise said:
And I have full confidence that your talents in photography will get you places--when it's something that personal, that deep of a need, you'll find a way to get back on that horse. ;)

Thank you. I believe it's going to happen. Something is always inspiring an image I can create. If you've seen my photos on the Show Your Own Art Here thread, this one (2h:15m to set up, :20m to shoot lol) was inspired by a scene in the music video for Murray Head's, One Night in Bangkok.

Somehow, I came up with the idea, "Bucket of Nails" as a title or theme for a story I've been wanting to write, but now I see how I can use it for a photo, instead. (And I know where to get an old, wooden bucket of nails, too!)

I'm currently listening to Ancient Dreams, by Patrick O'Hearn (formerly of Missing Persons), and one song title, Beauty in Darkness, has always been an inspiration for me to do something photographic with it since the album came out in '85. I often see myself in a large studio, only the modeling lights on, with someone or something being the image of that song title. The song, of course, playing in the background.

I've wanted to travel the United States and photograph bridges and tunnels in all parts of the country, consolidate the pictures into a book and title it, Over, Under and Through.

Have you seen Somewhere in Time? I've always wanted to recreate the portrait of Elise McKenna.

Just a few of the reasons I want a studio and a darkroom, and plenty of time and money to do what I want. . . . Somehow, it's going to happen.

Or maybe I'm just having a mid-life crisis. lol

Lee

"An artist creates an image to inspire the mind. A writer inspires the mind to create an image."

Jovan

Suspended
I want a date with the girl who served me at Perkins tonight. :eek: And who has served me many times, in the past. She is really funny, honest, and just plain down to earth. I love it.

I guess all bets are off.

panamag8or

Practically Family
Jovan said:
I want a date with the girl who served me at Perkins tonight. :eek: And who has served me many times, in the past. She is really funny, honest, and just plain down to earth. I love it.

I guess all bets are off.

Those Perkins Girls are dangerous. Trust me, I know.lol

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
Jovan said:
Post what you really want at the moment. Anything. I figure this could be an interesting thread for releasing one's thoughts.

And... go.

I want someone to go for a walk with and get a chocolate shake. :)

Can it be a chocolate peanut butter shake, and warm outside?

I want to find out what is wrong with me and fix it. I am sick of being sick and constantly in pain. It's bad when you wish to find something wrong with you, just so you can make it right.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I want my novel published. And to make a career out of being a novelist cuz I have TONS of ideas for books. I don't need to make a lot of money, I don't want to be famous, but I'd like to be comfortable. Take a trip to Europe every year and not worry about paying the bills, y'know?

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Re: marriage proposals...

Ask her!
Ask him!

For the ladies, February 29th is Sadie Hawkins Day. Traditionally, ladies can ask gentlemen to marry (without loss of face) on this day.

I want to see the surface of my dining room table again someday, it has become the pile again...

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Jovan,

You're a genius! What a charming thread this is! You all sound like such lovely people - We SHOULD found our own town!

I'd like a little corner of the world where it's still the first morning of spring, somewhere around 1910. Birds are shaking the dew from their wings on the high, green hedge around my house. Someone is baking bread. My hands give off the scent of the talcum my wife uses to powder her arms. In the distance, at the bandstand on the green, the town band is practicing for tonight's dance, playing "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" without any irony whatsoever.

In a few years I'll have a war to go to, and will never see what the world will become.

Adjusting my Rose-Coloured Glasses,

T.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
M Tatterscratch said:
Jovan,

You're a genius! What a charming thread this is! You all sound like such lovely people - We SHOULD found our own town!

I'd like a little corner of the world where it's still the first morning of spring, somewhere around 1910. Birds are shaking the dew from their wings on the high, green hedge around my house. Someone is baking bread. My hands give off the scent of the talcum my wife uses to powder her arms. In the distance, at the bandstand on the green, the town band is practicing for tonight's dance, playing "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" without any irony whatsoever.

In a few years I'll have a war to go to, and will never see what the world will become.

Adjusting my Rose-Coloured Glasses,

T.

I want the same pair of glasses you own!

samantha

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
I want to give HadleyH 1 dog, 1 cat, and 4 kittens for Christmas! :D

Awwwww, carter!!!!!! :D :D :D
I'd love it,love it, love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!: :eusa_clap
and one of the kittens has to be 'Winkey', don't forget!

:D :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael