Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Is The Strangest Thing You've Ever Seen?

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I once saw a frog in a stand-off with a rather large spider, on my own front porch. In one skinny instant that frogs tongue shot up and grabbed the spider just as it dropped it's cargo of babies. A hundred baby spiders fled in every direction as the frog devoured mom in two easy gulps. Fascinating, I tell ya!

-dixon cannon

Dixon Cannon

I once saw a man hand cranking his small, single engine airplane with his small daughter inside holding the brakes. As the engine fired up, the throttle gunned and the girl fell out of the open door. The airplane spun in wild circles on the ramp until it finally made it's way to the closest car. It came to a sudden and abrupt halt as the propellor sliced throught the body of the car ( a Porche 914, if I remember correctly!) Fascinating, I tell ya!

-dixon cannon

Dixon Cannon

I once was holding short of the runway at Pahokee airport in South Florida while a Piper Tri-Pacer was on a short final, doing touch and goes. He touched down almost in front of me, and began his climb out again. Suddenly, the entire right main landing gear fell off the airplane; wheel, tire, brake and strut - everything! The Tri-Pacer continued to climb out and left the pattern. To this day, I have no idea was his fate was. He may have ditched in Lake Okeechobee for all I know! Never heard another thing about it! Fascinating, I tell ya!

-dixon cannon

cooncatbob

Practically Family
I was in this park in Concord California and a Cessna flying over head toward Buchanan Field engine suddenly quit. The plane tried to turn around and land in the park but when he did he stall dropped like a stone and parked it in someones back yard No one was hurt and there wasn't a lot of damage to either plane or house. But as we were checking it out making sure everyone was okay I remembered that my camera was in my car but way on the other side of the park.
Bob.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I was in Greece when the Colonels were in power; one fine sunny
morning I was shaving inside the latrine and contemplating a hot shower
when all hell broke loose: machine gun cannonade/ordinance hitting
ground. Ran outside and found myself in a coup d'etat--Greek paras
revolting against the rest of the Hellenic Armed Forces--an Hellenic Air Force
F-4 Phantom attacked a platoon that disappeared. Cut down like wheat
by a scythe.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I once saw a snake that must have been a meter long get beaten up by a fluffy little house-pet of a rabbit.........by the end of it the snake was seeking refuge in a tree while the rabbit was trying to find a way to pull it out!:eek:
Odd but kinda funny actually.lol

Elaina

One Too Many
My cat fabric shopping.

The midnight monster is a co-dependent, depressed cat who is terribly clingy. Didn't want to let me go out alone, so I let him come in my pet carrier/purse and he and I went shopping. I'd feel the fabric, his black (rather large paw) would snake out, stroke the fabric. If he liked it, he'd meow, if not, he'd hiss.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
The flying squirrel that lives in my best friend's attic. When we went upstairs to try and rout him out, he skittered back and forth along the rafters cursing us and threatening to tear us to shreds with his terrible teeth and claws. The fact that he was small enough to fit in a teacup was no barrier to his absolute ferocity.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I may have seen stranger things, but at least I caught this one on film...

cowwithpig100.jpg
[/IMG]

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
The way my 20lb-overweight bulldog sits flat on her bum, back straght upright, and wriggles, rocks and twists to get her backside scratched. Her big belly all but covers her hind legs. Imagine Jaba the Hut doing a sitting hula. Every time she does it I look in astonishment and say 'that is the damndest thing I ever saw.'

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
"The Pizza Bomber" Brian Wells exploding as PA State Police waited for the bomb squad to arrive. He had been wearing a bomb that was locked around his neck. I was the only reporter to witness this bizzarre scene on Peach St. in Erie, PA, 4 years ago. FBI still has yet to make an arrest in this case.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
The strangest thing I ever saw was me paying a bill on time. I suppose that I more of a strangest thing I have ever done, but still, I find it astonishing.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
The squirrels at UCLA. There has been more than one time that someone has had to warn me to watch out, and when I turn my head to see what they are talking about I am nose to nose with an evil little furball trying to steal my muffin. Those beasts aren't afraid of anything! I also saw one try to crawl up a person's leg to get at a slice of pizza.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Yeah...a praying mantis. I was trying to take a photo of one when he took off and landed in a garden spider's web (my fault). That spider sure pounced on it at lightning speed. Pretty gross, isn't it?

mantis_spider1.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80