Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your eye color?

Ladies, what color are your eyes?

• Total voters

Elaina

One Too Many
Shirin said:
Wow Elaina what a marvelous color. It looks like, Dark Jade? You're so lucky!

Rockabilly Holly, I know your pain...my eyes always show up red when photographed with a flash.

Thank you, in better lighting, and when I'm not so tired, they're a lot lighter. LOL I prefer my old eye color of steel grey tho.

Missy Hellfire

One of the Regulars
C-dot said:
Oh, not at all - Grey eyes are interesting, they have a kind of wintry elegance!

Wintry elegance? I like the sound of that! :D
It just goes to show that it's all about how you think about something.
Incidentally, I also have the pesky redeye problem in flash photos although my camera has a sort've dazzly green thing that does a good job of remmoving redeye from shots (and vision for the next 5 minutes!).

RockabillyHolly

New in Town
Shirin said:
Wow Elaina what a marvelous color. It looks like, Dark Jade? You're so lucky!

Rockabilly Holly, I know your pain...my eyes always show up red when photographed with a flash.

its such a pain!! i have to do the red eye reduction on every photo unless i want to look possessed! which i don't...

Lorena B

Practically Family
C-dot said:
Who has got Golden eyes? I've never seen gold eyes before and I'd love to!
A friend of mine has got a yellow shade in the iris, I swear i have never seen it in anyone else.
My eyes thou are brown & green, been totally green in sunny days.
I love the green bottle shade in eyes, its amazing, i wish that was my one!!!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Upon closer inspection in a 5X mirror, I noticed I have streaks of yellow in my iris!

I asked my fiancé if he'd ever noticed, and he said "Yeah... They get more lurid when you're angry." :eek:

ladybrettashley

One of the Regulars
Well, i tend not to notice eyes (i know, i must be the only girl in the world...), but i've been told mine change color. That is, fairly drastically - fram a hazel/brown/green to blue in certain circumstances.

Regarding red-eye, one of my little after-school kids once asked me "Miss! are you a witch?" upon seeing a photo of me. My eyes don't just turn a bit red; they glow it. Of course, glasses kind of take care of that by making everything i reflective mess =).

Joonie

Familiar Face
My eyes are light green with a blue ring around the outside of the iris and some gold speaks around the pupil. Odd medly and especially so in the sunshine.

Joonie

Familiar Face
Lorena B said:
A friend of mine has got a yellow shade in the iris, I swear i have never seen it in anyone else.

I have gold specks- does that count? :p

Joonie

Familiar Face
sian kisses said:
mine are grey.bluey green, with a small brown loveheart in my right eye. everyone says it gets bigger the happier i am. i love it. i can't get a good pic though. i'll get the boy to take one.

Jealous! That's so adorable!

Joonie

Familiar Face
Hokey, yes. But you can see my eyes, just a tad....
ashashoua

Lillemor

One Too Many
Lorena B said:

Isn't that what's known as amber or wolf eyes? I actually really like that eye color. My mom (adoptive) has really light brown eyes and I swear they've gone lighter over one year or maybe I've only just realized how light brown they are.

I also swear that my eyes have lightened this year or maybe I've never noticed that they aren't as close to black as I thought? It's not that I don't like black-brown eyes but I suddenly feel more of an urge to put emphasis on my eyes to bring them out more even though I wear glasses that make them appear much smaller than they really are.:(

Lollipop

Familiar Face
Joonie said:
My eyes are light green with a blue ring around the outside of the iris and some gold speaks around the pupil. Odd medly and especially so in the sunshine.

Your eyes sound amazing.

Mine are just the regular old Brown eyes. Nothing nifty about mine. I've always been jealous of people(And my mom's friend Husky dog.) who had one eye blue and one eye green...I've ALWAYS wanted eyes like that.

Emer

One of the Regulars
I'd love to have blue eyes like my husband. We both have fair skin and dark hair, and I love blue eyes with that combo. He definitely lucked out, and looks very Irish because of it. Sometimes they're very light (like this guy -->:rolleyes:), and other times they're like a cerulean blue (like this guy --> shakeshead)

My eyes are brown, but they tend to sway to fro between chocolate brown or a golden brown (so I voted brown: light to dark). I was the only one of my siblings to get my father's eyes, so I do like that...

Feathers

Familiar Face
Missy Hellfire said:
My eyes are blue/grey/green! (a shade that my beloved kindly describes as "Wierd a*s eyes!"). They go greener when I'm tired and bluer when I cry. No idea why this is, they're just odd! A lot of my family are afflicted with the same oddness!

Missy Hellfire - Mine are the same! They change color depending on my mood and I have a light brown/orange ring of fire around my iris.

Kiri

One of the Regulars
Mine are greeny brown, so I put hazel. I have a golden "sunflower" shape around the pupil, and then around that is greenish. When I cry though, my eyes have turned bright green. It doesn't last long though unfortunately. It fades practically as soon as the tears stop coming.

Kiri

One of the Regulars
Here's a picture. They're usually more green than that though, must have been a goldy brown day, haha. :)

picture017152.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy