Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite hat crease?

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cavanagh
7f542aa237d1ff6db8865d96214521c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right on the button, that one!

Real nice Ant!

The felt on this Gannon Black Cherry is unique in that it seems to take most any bash. As it came from Michael, it had a loose center dent and some side dents, but one day it kind of fell into a c-crease and then a real nice diamond. Friday night I steamed a couple hats and this was one of them. I decided to keep the diamond but steam that front crease a little tighter ans to lengthen the side dents. I really love the progression of this one and, ultimately, the final result. Michael does some fine work, that's for certain.

i-ZFgSP7c-XL.jpg

i-d6Q8GZv-XL.jpg

i-LtwzgPc-XL.jpg

i-3XqM4Bv-XL.jpg

i-GXjptJh-XL.jpg

i-r6Rf7xM-XL.jpg

i-c9F559r-XL.jpg
GREAT COLOR....NICE BASH!!
M

Not a diamond, but how about something a little different. I'm going for a early century center dent with longer side creases. Not to be confused with a cattle man's crease (although it kind of looks like one) on my Olcott Homburg. I had Mike put a substantial crease down the crown so I can sometimes use a crease clip for historic occasions. The 1912 version copied does have the look of the teens!
View attachment 65811 View attachment 65812
NICE HAT.......it is great to see the older style creases on these hats!! I personally really like the center dent and the variety of crown pinches and creases......unfortunately I need a good amount of crown to keep them off my head. Same with the basin or diamond crowns.....I have to always do a counter dent to fit my big bean.
Cheers,
M

NICE HAT.......it is great to see the older style creases on these hats!! I personally really like the center dent and the variety of crown pinches and creases......unfortunately I need a good amount of crown to keep them off my head. Same with the basin or diamond crowns.....I have to always do a counter dent to fit my big bean.
Cheers,
M
I have the same problem. I didn't think I had a particularly "tall" head until I started wearing hats. o_O

Cheers,
M
I'm probably going to have Mike pull up (?) the side dents a little. I do feel them on my head just a little. The look should still hold up to that. Next step is to find a vintage crease clip to totally match the way the Hon. Ben Olcott was wearing it in the photo.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I like and respect that you treat your hats as functioning members of the household, Eric. It has inspired me to put several of my vintage hats "back to work."

Thanks sir. My hats do get worn. I try to treat them as gentle as possible, but they work when I work. Like you, the ability to choose amongst "many" spreads the wear. Wear your hats in pride. You got some real beauties. Very enjoyable to see your posts.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Did the final tweaking on this hat and set the crease. This Stagecoach has been through it over the last 2-3 weeks where I reblocked, reshaped, and recreased it until I finally decided to settle on this Montana Crease with a Mule Kick in the back. I saw this kind of crease in a few western movies and always liked it...

Peak_1.jpg
Peak_2.jpg
Peak_3.jpg

Peak_4.jpg
Peak_5.jpg

Some movie hat variations of the same crease...

My Darling Clementine, Henry Fonda
MYDARLING2.jpg

John Wayne, The Three Godfathers
MYDARLING1.jpg

The Rough Riders, Sam Elliot
MYDARLING4.jpg
MYDARLING3.jpg

Open Range, Kevin Costner
MYDARLING5.jpg
MYDARLING6.jpg

The Fedora Lounge, T Jones
Open_Range_Crease_B_W.jpg

DVR'd, "My Darling Clementine" yesterday...

Last edited:
Did the final tweaking on this hat and set the crease. This Stagecoach has been through it over the last 2-3 weeks where I reblocked, reshaped, and recreased it until I finally decided to settle on this Montana Crease with a Mule Kick in the back. I saw this kind of crease in a few western movies and always liked it...

Peak_1.jpg
Peak_2.jpg
Peak_3.jpg

Peak_4.jpg
Peak_5.jpg

MYDARLING2.jpg

MYDARLING1.jpg

MYDARLING4.jpg
MYDARLING3.jpg

MYDARLING5.jpg
MYDARLING6.jpg
Good job on the hat TJ. Also enjoyed the movie pictures.

Peak_1.jpg
Peak_2.jpg
Peak_3.jpg

Peak_4.jpg
Peak_5.jpg

MYDARLING2.jpg

MYDARLING1.jpg

MYDARLING4.jpg
MYDARLING3.jpg

MYDARLING5.jpg
MYDARLING6.jpg

The Fedora Lounge, T Jones
Open_Range_Crease_B_W.jpg

DVR'd, "My Darling Clementine" yesterday...

With all of your manipulations, this hat has become a real stunner! It has been fun going along for the journey with this hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner