Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite hat crease?

Mallory Coast-to-Coast

1316219b0727742fc3344a73f4ebafb9.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I've actually made a little progress over the years. When I first started wearing hats regularly it would bother me if the pinch didn't line up with the center of my face or if the brim was a little "wonky". One day I realized those are nothing more than the hats revealing their character, and I started to embrace those qualities. :cool:
Exactly. I had to force my self to "stretch" into that attitude. I've said it before, but my brain is wired for symmetry in an assymetrical world. I suppose if we grew up in the 30s - 50s around lots of men wearing their hats tilted to the side and bashing their hats with off-center creases and such we'd fall into it more naturally. For me at least, it takes work and a determined will to step into that realm.

It's kind of like art in general. I grew up playing sax in jazz bands. You can't just play the notes; you've got to get the phrasing down, "swing" with the band, and - when taking a solo - add your own nuances.

When I first saw paintings from Picasso and Van Gogh, I turned up my nose and thought bleh. I still don't care for Picasso, but I love Van Gogh now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran