Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Music Service Do you Subscribe To?

What Music Service do you Subscribe To?

• Rhapsody

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yahoo Music

• Napster

• Urge

• Virgin

• Other

• None

• Total voters

zeus36

A-List Customer
Sorry, won't pay for music.

But I do listen to Yahoo LaunchCast Plus streaming music at work. My friend has SBC Yahoo DSL and gets the service as part of his package. His service. My equipment.

I have a cobbled-up PC/Jukebox media center set up on an old A/V cart and we use his account to play our customized stations on the hangar floor.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
None for me either. I get free music from my Yahoo ISP when I'm online.
Disco.gif

HIFI.gif

FedoraGent

One Too Many
I listen to my MP3s alot (Off of 78, 33's, 45s, CDs, 8-Track, Reel to Reel), but when I'm listening to Streaming services, I listen to XM Radio, KCEA.org, KCSM.org, KQED's feed...and a bunch of others from London like Virgin Radio and such.

Jon

Sachet

Familiar Face
iTunes

Because I like being able to create customized CD's. The commercials on the radio make me crazy.

And sometimes it can be frustrating to buy a CD in order to enjoy only a couple of songs. By using iTunes, I can put exactly what I want on each CD, in the order I choose.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
XM Radio: Channel 4

For those of you folks that have XM Radio and listen to Channel 4, the 40s...will someone please tell me what their fascination with Vaughan Monroe is? They can't go an hour and a half w/o playing him.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I'll amend my previous answer - I do have one pay-per music service, although I don't use it for music: National Public Radio. Without Morning Edition and All Things Considered, I'd be much less well informed. Those programs are balanced (no political arguments, please) and put every commercial broadcast news program to shame in terms of variety, depth and detail. Also, other programs carried by NPR affiliates are among my most favorite: Fresh Air, Car Talk, Prairie Home Companion, Wait Wait-Don't Tell Me, American Routes, Whad'Ya Know, and many others.

I admit the pledge drives sometimes take me off their signal for a few days - but I do give directly to my local NPR affiliate, KUNC in Greeley, CO. It does me MUCH more good than any commercial service would.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou