Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What parka did legendary Dick Proenneke wear?

Aleksio

New in Town
0EAAD7A0-F1FA-4FEB-9FB2-B955EA3C6504.jpeg

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
With respect to everyone, the fact is that in any given decade there would have been dozens, perhaps hundreds of different parkas available for sale to civilians, so absent any clear badges or logos, or any specific historical information, high-res photos, or unique design features, it's nearly impossible to identify specific clothing items and/or to assign them to specific brands. Even today it would be difficult, if a logo wasn't visible.

Aleksio

New in Town
With respect to everyone, the fact is that in any given decade there would have been dozens, perhaps hundreds of different parkas available for sale to civilians, so absent any clear badges or logos, or any specific historical information, high-res photos, or unique design features, it's nearly impossible to identify specific clothing items and/or to assign them to specific brands. Even today it would be difficult, if a logo wasn't visible.
I would like to recreate his parka look, in my opinion it looks really cool, very minimalist but I am getting expedition vibe from it. What brand or type of parka should bring me closest to his one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran