Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Songs Have Your Name in Them?

TheDutchess

One of the Regulars
Always a favorite of mine " Brandy ( You're a Fine Girl)" by Looking Glass

Brandy by the OJ's I was named after this song. My dad was on the way to the hospital and he was trying to think of a name. He turned on the radio and there it was.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
shoelessjoe said:
Many, many songs, but none quite like "Hey Joe" ... Hey Joe, where you goin' with that gun in your hand?

And Sinatra's One for My Baby and One More for the Road.

As for me, I have one friend who will never let me forget Michael, Row the Boat Ashore because that's how he always addresses me (the entire line) or "Hey boat ashore boy!"

And there's The Name Game which works for anyone...as long as you're not a Chuck or our esteemed hatter, Mr. Fawcett...

shoelessjoe

Familiar Face
Mike in Seattle said:
And Sinatra's One for My Baby and One More for the Road.

As for me, I have one friend who will never let me forget Michael, Row the Boat Ashore because that's how he always addresses me (the entire line) or "Hey boat ashore boy!

Named our firstborn, Michael and have nothing but fond memories of Michael, Row the Boat Ashore ... the wife used to sing him to sleep with that song when he was a wee one.

As for you, maybe that friend of yours could benefit from an oar upside the head or perhaps an anchor on the toes!;)

Mike in Seattle

shoelessjoe said:
As for you, maybe that friend of yours could benefit from an oar upside the head or perhaps an anchor on the toes!;)

Don't think I haven't considered it... I am happy to report that I'm the only person who has ever been able to make a crack that left him speechless with no comeback. In all honesty, I'd planned to use the line on another friend, but Jon just so guilelessly walked right into it...

In the living room is a Maltese Falcon. It had only been sitting there a week or so. He picked it up and brought it into the kitchen, where I was hustling to get the corned beef & cabbage on platters (our St. Patrick's Day party 3 years ago) so everyone could dig in.

He says, "This is so cool - it's the Maltese Falcon, right? What's it made of? Plaster or ceramic or what?" Without missing a beat, as I turned to put a big blowl of mashed potatoes on the island and said, totally offhand, "That? that's the stuff dreams are made of."

It brought the house down. It took him awhile to get why everyone else started cracking up and clapping.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
weird...

about 5 minutes before finding this thread, i heard "Julie Rmx" by jens lekman for the first time. i can't think of any others at the moment...

LizzieMaine

Bartender
There is a goofy pop tune from 1931 called "Elizabeth," a little ditty about a gal who stays out late at night and cuts up rowdy and drinks too much and such. Obviously not the sort who has to get up early for work in the morning. But I do have a soft spot for Fred Waring's recording of the song, thanks to the chorus chant of "WE WANT LIZZIE -- SHE'S THE NUTS!" I wanted to use that as my slogan when I ran for class vice-president in the tenth grade, but nobody else would've gotten it.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Nothing like getting teased about "Darling Nikki" by Prince all through highschool! :eusa_doh:
I think that's the only one I got. :(

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
The Foo Fighters did a pretty tremendous cover of it. Heard it?
Nope... I'll hafta look it up I suppose~

Shooshoo.. what about Oh Julie by Manilow?

Lizzie, unfortunately I keep thinking of the Lizzie Bordon song! 50 wacks with an ax! :eek:

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Well, Michelle by The Beatles, even though it spells my name wrong...
And, I took no end of ribbing about a Squeeze song whose lyrics are most definitely NOT "pulling muscles in Michele"...

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Um, Heather? I don't think I've heard my name in a song...ever....have I?
I've never personally heard any of these songs, but according to babynames.com there are:

* Chasing Heather Crazy - Guided
* Heather - The Wedding Present
* Heather Honey - Tommy Roe

Tony in Tarzana

LizzieMaine said:
There is a goofy pop tune from 1931 called "Elizabeth," a little ditty about a gal who stays out late at night and cuts up rowdy and drinks too much and such. Obviously not the sort who has to get up early for work in the morning. But I do have a soft spot for Fred Waring's recording of the song, thanks to the chorus chant of "WE WANT LIZZIE -- SHE'S THE NUTS!" I wanted to use that as my slogan when I ran for class vice-president in the tenth grade, but nobody else would've gotten it.

Well I can think of one, but I just can't picture you as "Dizzy." lol

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Lulu-in-Ny said:
Well, Michelle by The Beatles, even though it spells my name wrong...
And, I took no end of ribbing about a Squeeze song whose lyrics are most definitely NOT "pulling muscles in Michele"...

My name is Michelle too, if you look on page 1 on this thread you'll see a few more songs written for us

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy