Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What sort of flight jacket weather are you having these days..?

Edward

Bartender
Baron Kurtz said:
I was silly enough to wear the Irvin on Wednesday. Sweated so much it ain't even funny . . . I was stinking by the time i got to work at 10AM. But we are promised a good cold coupla days.And if the wind keeps up like today, maybe it'll be Irvin-cold!!

bk

Ah, the joys of the tube in rush hour - in the Summer, when it's hot ot ground level, it's too damn hot on the tube, and in the Winter, when it's freezing at ground level...... it's too damn hot on the tube. :rolleyes:

normanpitkin

One of the Regulars
i just came back from Bursa in eastern Turkey ,a blizzard was blowing and my m422a was just the ticket!Am hoping for snow here in london too..otherwise back to the A-2 it is

CBI

One Too Many
Its been a very interesting year for me in regards wearing jackets, my choices have changed. Since Dec. the weather has been cool/cold - excellent A-2/G-1 weather. I just sold my Irvin so I guess that's out although its rarely ever that cold here. I have always been an A-2 guy but I am pretty much always choosing to wear my G-1 (orig 1960). I never even used to particulalry like G-1's but the practicality, fit, breast pocket, etc. just seems to "work" so much better and I have gotten more compliments on the G-1 than I ever have gotten with many an A-2. Although the A-2 is my favorite by far, I might have to just admire them on other people. Its G-1 weather for probably the next month or two. Around here, its either jacket weather or no jacket at all (mid-South US)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
BellyTank said:
That'll be a combination of last night's Curry/Beers and the Norsk vejr.
Jack Frost.

That's the weather not my plumbing you cheeky bugger!

When's the move to Stockholm happening?

I suppose this is as good a thread as any...looks like we might be doing the moving thing once again. This time to Melbourne, got a good offer. Used to live in Oz so not too much of a problem...

Windsock

A-List Customer
Smithy said:
That's the weather not my plumbing you cheeky bugger!

I suppose this is as good a thread as any...looks like we might be doing the moving thing once again. This time to Melbourne, got a good offer. Used to live in Oz so not too much of a problem...

Hey that's interesting news Smithy, my old hometown. You will be welcome back.
Living in the northern sector I am getting my jacket/ Av fix in other ways, and am discovering the benefits of living in a resort town, plenty of older folk have retired here. Amongst the few I can now call Mates and living within a k of me I have an ex Beaufighter pilot, Lib Air gunner and yesterday came across a new Client who was a Kittyhawk Pilot in Nth Africa with quite an impressive history. I am meeting with him monday- can't wait....

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Smithy said:

First or second week of March-
Looks like we might miss you then...

B
T

cherrypicker

New in Town
Brrrrrrrr...

To bring things back on thread.........
We are definitely having heavy zone flight jacket weather.Freezing cold,but sunny.At the moment its a toss up between the N-3 and the Irvin.Have to say,this suits me.As Billy Conolly once said,"there is no such thing as bad weather,only inadequate clothing".

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
:eek:fftopic: Yup chaps as it stands it looks like we'll be moving back downunder.

I'm quite excited about Melbourne as I've always loved the city (more than Sydney where I lived for a bit).

Andrew, we might have to have an Irvin meetup in Melbourne on one of those coldish, wintery days.

Pretty chilly so on with the RAF gear . . . airman's trousers, 1950 pattern. Coastal Command Irvin. Lab decor optional.

SatClothes.jpg

bk

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pete, the CC Irvin fits really well. Are we going to see a pic of you wearing it with the hood up?

My Bernstein B3 had its second outing today.

033-2.jpg

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Baron Kurtz said:
Pretty chilly so on with the RAF gear . . . airman's trousers, 1950 pattern. Coastal Command Irvin. Lab decor optional.

SatClothes.jpg

bk

Doesn't the Coastal Command have the yellow hood? That would be very loud if it were worn up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany