Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What sort of flight jacket weather are you having these days..?

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Wering an Aero RD A-2 at the moment and an original Levi's Type II 1953 Jacket. Waiting on an Eastman Werber, should be her in a day or two.:)

CIMG4104.jpg

A2_Junkie

New in Town
It's been about 17 F (-8c) here. I wear the A-2 with a sweater over a shirt and undershirt. If I were going to be outside for extended periods, I'd go with something else. Perhaps I need to get a B-6 for January and February days in the Northeast USA regions. Yeah, I *NEED* a B-6. I've *EARNED* a B-6, and, what's more, I *OWE* myself a B-6...

Hey, Estevan! I checked out the Werber on Eastman's site and it looks spectacular. Please post pictures of it when it arrives. It looks better than my ELC RW 1401. BTW, I'm familiar with Beacon and Newberg, NY. I have relatives there and have visited many times.

-Peter

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It has been very mild in England this weekend that I have worn an A2 for the first time for months. My Irvins and B3s have had a lot of use this winter.:)

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Lets see it was 71 on Friday, 75 on Sat and 65 today. Wore an A2 on Sat and had to take it off too hot. Today I was able to wear one in the morning during the walk the dogs time and maybe tonite when I walk them again. My B-6 sits forelorn in the closet I think its done for the season.

Nirvana

New in Town
COLD plain and simple. Nights down to about -35 wind chill, real tempature -5 F. Days, high +7 F, wind chills been around -20's.

Friday night so windy could hardly keep a jacket on. Winds 35 to 45, with gusts over 50.

Nirvana

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Good to have you back Steve.

Always good to have you around Steve. I really must pop 'next door' sometime, but just trying to rest up right now in Jacket Rehab! Enjoy a noisy Easter Semana Santa !!

Estevan

One of the Regulars
PADDY said:
Always good to have you around Steve. I really must pop 'next door' sometime, but just trying to rest up right now in Jacket Rehab! Enjoy a noisy Easter Semana Santa !!

Thanks for the warm welcome Paddy. Thanks for the warm welcome, hopefully I can share some experience and information with the guys and gals here on FL.;) BTW, ELC Werber just showed up this AM, I could have kissed the postman lol. I'll post some pics if I can take it off long enough.:eusa_booh

f4fantom

New in Town
Temps in the FL Panhandle varies day to day. I spend a lot of time
on the water and wear my USN WEP. Keeps me toasty. We been having
33 to 75 days so its a challenge every day. A little salt and pepper keeps
the inventory in rotation. Been able to wear my G-1s in the car with the
top down.

MKL

A-List Customer
Kansas is warming back up after having temps from 0-teens. We are at 57 and climbing today. Snow is gone. Typical midwest winter the last few years.

Raymundo

One of the Regulars
Agree with you, F4 , about Florida weather this Winter. I am on the Gulf side and temps have been up and down each week like a roller coaster. Have worn my Saddlery A-2 about a dozen times so far and will be wearing it tonight as temps are cooling off again.

Ray

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael