Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear in LA right now?

JeffOYB

Vendor
I am in the mid-West right now and am going to LA tomorrow. I figured I would wear lightweight darker clothes because it is winter, but... Does sunny LA need darker clothes? Light wool sportcoat... Wool? I was also going to wear a dark olive fedora. Suddenly I am wondering -- is it Panama hat weather year-round there? Oh no! And it is time to pack! I have visited a few times and do not ever recall wearing a dark hat...

JeffOYB

Vendor
PS -- I have room for both, I guess! Two nice hats -- straw and felt. And a light and a dark jacket. The dark jacket is a brightish navy blue so not somber. The carry-on still isnt too heavy. Not sure how I will travel with two broad brimmed hats... I dont like to look goofy when I travel and carrying plus wearing a hat seems goofy to me. I have a picnic in my shoulderbag. maybe I can wedge one in. Ya know, Ive never smushed a non-folding hat. Does it hurt them? The Panama is a pretty fine montecristi -- safe to smush a bit? The felt hat is a 30 yr old Stetson -- no idea what smushing would do. Im not going to smush them much but might see if they will ride in the shoulderbag sort of... Or maybe I will just carry them all tidy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner