Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's a guy gotta do ta get a drink 'round here?

Joe Bagofdonuts

Suspended
Boy, this joint sure is dark. Hey, bartender, three fingers of Maker's Mark with a tall draught of Sam Adams for a chaser.

Think I'll pull up a stool and cool my heels. Name's Bagofdonuts, Joe Bagofdonuts. South Philly born and bred, recently located to the sunny, redneck south. I ain't a vintage nut, but I love a good hat and a fine cigar.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Welcome to The Fedora Lounge, Joe Bagofdonuts.

That donut sugar will restart the fermentation of the Maker's in your gut. And the bartenders don't do cleanup. :)

Joe Bagofdonuts

Suspended
Viola said:
What he said! Should we be putting together a Tastykake care package? :D

I ain't had a decent cheesesteak or eye-talian coldcut hoagie in a cupl'a months either. I did find a grocery store that carries Taylor Pork Roll, though.

SWTrooper, I work for "Mean Old Big Oil", I get promoted and end up in Space City.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ah yes! Tasty Kakes, Pretzels, Pork Roll, Scrapple, cheesteaks, and Yeungling Beer! I stock up every time I go home.

So, make that first drink a Yeungling!

-Viola, why don't they ship the pies??? It's just unfair!

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Welcome to Houston Joe, and welcome to the Lounge too.

If you haven't tried it yet check out Texadelphia, a cheesesteak joint that started in Austin. You'll either love it or hate it depending how much of a cheesesteak purist you are, but it's as close as you'll get in these parts.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Hemingway Jones said:
Ah yes! Tasty Kakes, Pretzels, Pork Roll, Scrapple, cheesteaks, and Yeungling Beer! I stock up every time I go home.

So, make that first drink a Yeungling!

-Viola, why don't they ship the pies??? It's just unfair!

You can't ship pies and krimpets all about randomly. If you're smart, you stay within their radius of influence! lol

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
You can get Scrapple & Taylor pork roll easily in Houston, and some of the Krogers get Tastycakes in now and then.

As far as a real Hoagie, or Cheesteak, they just don't quite get it right. (Several years ago Houston once had a place that did, but it's long gone)

Born in Houston, but my parents were from the Philly area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou