Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Another one that's good is Zatarains jambalaya. Again by adding a can of Italian-style diced tomatoes I managed to replicate the taste of the jambalaya served at the French Market in Disneyland's New Orleans Square which I always loved.

229995.jpg

Arrrr,,,Matey, they be a serving that there stuff up right next to the Pirate's ride!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Jacket potato and homemade vegetable soup for supper tonight. I'm so tired, i can barely stand up, so it's simple and easy grub tonight.

O.K. It sounds good....I will have to look up what a potato with a jacket is all about.

We did something this evening that is fast and yummy, tossed salad, a meat and re fried beans mix spread on some Tortilla Chips with Chili Peppers, Sharp Cheese, baked in the oven until the Cheese is melted, and then have a platter of veggies to go along with everything.

As no one in my household drinks anything that contains alcohol, I make up some very nice lip smacking good juice based thinks to drink. This evening I had sliced up peaches in the blender until liquidized, tossed in some strawberries, one half a carrot, one banana, with some crushed ice. Almost thick enough to spoon but really hits the spot!

O.K. It sounds good....I will have to look up what a potato with a jacket is all about.

We did something this evening that is fast and yummy, tossed salad, a meat and re fried beans mix spread on some Tortilla Chips with Chili Peppers, Sharp Cheese, baked in the oven until the Cheese is melted, and then have a platter of veggies to go along with everything.

As no one in my household drinks anything that contains alcohol, I make up some very nice lip smacking good juice based thinks to drink. This evening I had sliced up peaches in the blender until liquidized, tossed in some strawberries, one half a carrot, one banana, with some crushed ice. Almost thick enough to spoon but really hits the spot!

Nachos, yum! :essen: :p
They were invented in 1964 and were first served at the Texas State Fair. And a jacket potato is what we Yanks call a baked potato.

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I've never heard the term jacket potato outside the UK. [huh]

And I've never heard* an American refer to a fellow citizen as a yank......... as a yankee (for New England residents), yes, but never as a yank.

*excluding baseball.

rue

Don't be pissy A.C. :p

I just meant that Californians aren't part of the Yankees when referring to the "war of northern aggression". As for the New England thing.... no idea..... except for the team like you said.

Back on topic.....
What did you have for dinner A.C.??

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Tonight is Julia's boeuf bourguignon with fresh bread.

Dinner has been changed tonight, because my daughter invited her friend, so........ it's Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes and broccoli :)

Yum!!!

Nachos, yum! :essen: :p
They were invented in 1964 and were first served at the Texas State Fair. And a jacket potato is what we Yanks call a baked potato.

Nachos are delicious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou