Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Gregg, I'm starting to think you put hot sauce on cauliflower.
I do.
Usually fried in an iron skillet with onions.
There are a variety of seasonings I put on it, based on years of collecting.
I have a garlic butter made locally, beef seasoning with coffee, and a steak seasoning with a variety of spices and sea salt.
Of course I add Tapatio hot sauce once it's done, no mine and not the wife's.
If I pressure cook the cauliflower for faux potatoes, I add garlic, pepper, and sharp cheddar cheese.

Got into a little more than I'd bargained for on a job and worked way late last night. Had to settle for a cheeseburger and a jelly donut from a gas station down in the middle of nowhere. Uggh.

Got into a little more than I'd bargained for on a job and worked way late last night. Had to settle for a cheeseburger and a jelly donut from a gas station down in the middle of nowhere. Uggh.

That combination sounds very unappealing especially when you throw in that they came from a gas station.
:D

gear-guy

Practically Family

UGG is right, if you would have thrown some Early Times in with it you might have been taken to the hospital>

I do.
Usually fried in an iron skillet with onions.
There are a variety of seasonings I put on it, based on years of collecting.
I have a garlic butter made locally, beef seasoning with coffee, and a steak seasoning with a variety of spices and sea salt.
Of course I add Tapatio hot sauce once it's done, no mine and not the wife's.
If I pressure cook the cauliflower for faux potatoes, I add garlic, pepper, and sharp cheddar cheese.

:eeek: The Cauliflower Whisperer.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Today I tested out a new crock pot and a new food processor.

Made barbecue chicken, home made cole slaw, red beans and rice, and a Molson . It was good.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Speaking of spaghetti with canned or bottled sauce.. how about a quick cheap meal that will impress your family with what a great chef you are?

We are going to make spaghetti and meat balls. Anybody can do this.

Pick up some Italian sausages at the grocery store. Also some garlic bread, fresh or frozen and grated Parmesan if you don't have some. A bag of caesar salad and some dressing.

Cut open the sausages and roll the meat into meatballs. Take a blob of meat and roll it between your hands. Make the meat balls about as big around as a quarter or half dollar. Fry them in a frying pan. Meanwhile start the spaghetti cooking and heat up the oven for the garlic bread.

When the meatballs are browned put them in the sauce that is heating on the stove, or just pour the sauce into the frying pan if it is big enough.

So now you have a dinner of Caesar salad, spaghetti and meat balls with garlic bread, and your favorite bottle of wine. Your family will think you slaved in the kitchen all day you gourmet chef you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes