Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Shrimp po-boy this evening. From a chicken & fish joint inside a gas station.

Sometimes surprisingly good food can come from gas stations. I hear there's one in Memphis that serves exceptionally good sushi (if one is brave enough to try it). We have one that's just around the corner that does a great meat and three daily for $5.99. They make a mighty good meatloaf every Tuesday.

Tonight at Crunk Manor is Lobster cakes and a side of fried spinach w/scrambled eggs.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Shrimp po-boy this evening.

From a chicken & fish joint inside a gas station.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Oh great, did Tom recommend that? :eusa_doh:

Matt, while the gas station in Memphis might HAVE the reputation of making great sushi, I'm not sure I'd buy raw fish from a gas station.
A half mile down the road is a fish grill (Sharkey's?) and Flemings Steak House.
2-3 miles in the other direction is Corky's and Tops BBQ.
All four are much better than gas station sushi, believe me. :D

Oh great, did Tom recommend that? :eusa_doh:

Matt, while the gas station in Memphis might HAVE the reputation of making great sushi, I'm not sure I'd buy raw fish from a gas station.
A half mile down the road is a fish grill (Sharkey's?) and Flemings Steak House.
2-3 miles in the other direction is Corky's and Tops BBQ.
All four are much better than gas station sushi, believe me. :D

Bad decision:
http://youtu.be/DESV0Lk_bRU

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Axley may be able to tell you better than I, as I've never been there, but from what I understand it's a sushi bar that happens to be located inside a convenience store.
I know there used to be a place called Bubba's Bar & Grill in Huntsville that also served sushi. Only in the South, ehh?

:p

3-21-13%20Lee's.JPG

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
That would be the one. Nice catch Brunswick. :eusa_clap
I've only seen it once, but I believe it's always been a BP.
Also, the building behind it (from what I remember) is a Dr's office, and one of the main Dr's there had a financial interest in the station. Before the sushi bar, it was a deli of some sort. Good idea IF YOU ARE THE ONLY FOOD PLACE FOR MILES, but bad idea if Wendy's, Taco Bell, and one of many (there are 100 to be exact) BBQ places are nearby as well.
As I said last night, a bit further East is a good fish place, and a great steak place.
Across the street from it, is a good Mexican place, and another great steak place (Ruth's Chris).
So if you need gas for the car, and you need something to eat as well, there are plenty of better choices other than eating AT the gas station. Especially if they claim the fish is "catch of the day", considering there isn't any water near it.:p

That would be the one. Nice catch Brunswick. :eusa_clap
I've only seen it once, but I believe it's always been a BP.
Also, the building behind it (from what I remember) is a Dr's office, and one of the main Dr's there had a financial interest in the station. Before the sushi bar, it was a deli of some sort. Good idea IF YOU ARE THE ONLY FOOD PLACE FOR MILES, but bad idea if Wendy's, Taco Bell, and one of many (there are 100 to be exact) BBQ places are nearby as well.
As I said last night, a bit further East is a good fish place, and a great steak place.
Across the street from it, is a good Mexican place, and another great steak place (Ruth's Chris).
So if you need gas for the car, and you need something to eat as well, there are plenty of better choices other than eating AT the gas station. Especially if they claim the fish is "catch of the day", considering there isn't any water near it.:p

Catch of the day---last month

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff