Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I think we use Land O Lakes...but the Wife may vary from time to time. There's not many varieties or brands of real butter around here locally.

The reason I was asking is because it seems like real butter does not taste like it
used to. Same with milk that came in glass bottles & cream would rise to the top.
I'll have to try Land O Lakes.
Thanks.

The reason I was asking is because it seems like real butter does not taste like it
used to. Same with milk that came in glass bottles & cream would rise to the top.
I'll have to try Land O Lakes.
Thanks.

I agree. When I was a kid ('50s-60s) butter was yellow with more flavor and often left out of the fridge in a covered butter dish on the counter top. Even Land O lakes real butter is more white rather than yellow...and doesn't really taste the same...but like I previously stated..we don't have much to choose from anymore.
HD

Most of the corn I have bought lately is too sweet .

Someone must've taken the expression "sweet corn" literally & thought to improve it
by adding sugar . :(

Boy I like my corn on the cob the sweeter the better..but I don't see how they could really add sugar without it showing..unless when cooked in a restaurant . We usually get the bi colored..yellow & white corn that seems consistently more tender as well as sweet.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm not sure what the main course will be this evening, but for dessert we are having home-made strawberry-rhubarb pie.

The strawberries and the rhubarb both came out of our garden today. The rhubarb plant is one my Maw had when she was making a garden oh so many, many years ago. I can remember when she dug the roots from a rhubarb plant at my great aunt Ada's house and transplanted them in her garden here at the old house in Nebo (where the plant is still thriving to this day). That was back in the very early 1960s. There's no telling how old the plant at aunt Ada's was. It's possible (and probable) that aunt Ada's plant could have come from Grandma Brown's old garden
(which could date it back to the late 1800s).

Another great shot of the kids, Big Man. That pie sounds and looks great, not a big rhubarb fan but with strawberries it makes for perfect balance. At least for me. Enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats