Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Family date night. Ended up at a local hipster burger bar called Tipsy Cow. Hubby'd heard rave reviews from his co-workers about it. It was good, but not my style. I had "The Experience"; he had "The Arsonist".

Screenshot_2017-01-27-20-32-36-1_zpsorwhxckd.png

Family date night. Ended up at a local hipster burger bar called Tipsy Cow. Hubby'd heard rave reviews from his co-workers about it. It was good, but not my style. I had "The Experience"; he had "The Arsonist".

Screenshot_2017-01-27-20-32-36-1_zpsorwhxckd.png
I would like one of each. Please.
:D
Even with the "hipster " moniker attached to it. As long as the food is good, the place is clean,
the prices are right, and the people polite, I am eating.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I would like one of each. Please.
Even with the "hipster " moniker attached to it. As long as the food is good, the place is clean,
the prices are right, and the people polite, I am eating.

For here, price was high - about 50% more than any other burger joint. But the food was good. We also got fried pickles with their house-made pickles & harissa aioli, which Lily adored.

Tipsy sauce is garlic/horseradish mayo. I had it left off mine.

There were about a dozen other burger combos, salads, and sides.

Very popular, as our 45 minute wait for a table showed. Took that time to practice math with Lily.

For here, price was high - about 50% more than any other burger joint. But the food was good. We also got fried pickles with their house-made pickles & harissa aioli, which Lily adored.

Tipsy sauce is garlic/horseradish mayo. I had it left off mine.

There were about a dozen other burger combos, salads, and sides.

Very popular, as our 45 minute wait for a table showed. Took that time to practice math with Lily.

Oooh, I want a double side order of the garlic/horseradish mayo.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Made a big pot of home made soup winter vegetable style. Carrots, parsnips, potatoes, onions, celery, a 19oz can of crushed tomatoes, a couple of vegetable stock cubes and water. Cook for 10 minutes in a pressure cooker. Delicious. Tried it with garlic croutons and a sprinkle of Parmesan, extra delicious.

Made a big pot of home made soup winter vegetable style. Carrots, parsnips, potatoes, onions, celery, a 19oz can of crushed tomatoes, a couple of vegetable stock cubes and water. Cook for 10 minutes in a pressure cooker. Delicious. Tried it with garlic croutons and a sprinkle of Parmesan, extra delicious.
Made a pot roast last night using a big chuck roast with lots of carrots, pearl onions and a medley of fingerling potatoes (red, gold and purple), seasoned with fresh garlic and thyme and rosemary from my herb garden.
Tortellini
Salad
Thai-style chicken stir fry while watching Thor!
What a night of great food around The Fedora Lounge. Reading this thread makes me hungry and envious. And happy as well.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
What a night of great food around The Fedora Lounge. Reading this thread makes me hungry and envious. And happy as well.

The vegetable soup was really good, and you could make enough to feed the whole family for a few bucks. You don't need a pressure cooker, I like mine because I can have a meal ready in 10 or 15 minutes. But you could just as easily use a regular pot or crock pot.

Serve with garlic bread for a hearty meal.

Home made soup, stew and chili are so good and so easy to make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner