Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Thank you!

AtomicEraTom :) I have a recipe for you!!!! :) and it will impress anyone you make it for :) ill send it to you in a personal message right now :) im a pretty good cook and i know some recipes that would challenge you and give you a chance to improve and fine tune your skills :)

Absolutely!

Add me to the list of people wanting that recipe please :D

Last night was burgers, sweet potato fries and corn.

Nothing exciting for supper last night, but I made scrambled eggs and bacon for all of us working at the shop yesterday.

maduro 5

A-List Customer
I had a very traditional Russian gastronomic experience a day before. I had to make a 1 day trip to St. Petersburg, Russia. Had to meet a client at 1PM but 20 minutes before the meeting I got a call that the meeting was re-scheduled to 16.45.
We (I travelled with a colleague of mine) spotted a restaurant called Russian Vodka Room #1. Being unhappy about the postponed meeting and with weather being cold and miserable we figured that we might as well treat ourselves.
First order of business the right kind of vodka (when in Rome…). We went with Khrenovukha or vodka infused with a horse radish. The shot glasses were frost covered and so was the carafe with vodka. The horse radish softens the taste of vodka and gives is a soft milky yellowish tint.
To accompany vodka we ordered zakuski (appetizers) small dark rye bread sandwiches with smoked salmon, pickled herring, some kind of kilkas or sprats (small fish from the Baltic sea). I have to admit that we made the right choice.
Soup – we ordered Solyanka a traditional Russian soup that is cooked with cold cuts, sausages, pieces of meat, sometimes duck, with green olives and lemon added for taste. If cooked properly it is almost like a stew, but one has to be aware that in the cheap places this soup would be assembly of left overs meats and cold cuts from the night before. In this case it was done properly.
And for the main course a Beef Stroganoff, not that it was wildly creative choice but again if cooked with proper ingredients, without skimping on quality of meat it could be quite tasty. Thankfully it was.
I suspect that having a couple of shots of vodka before the meeting was not the smartest thing to do but it worked out well. The meeting went better than expected and we had something to smile about at the end of the day.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Not for dinner, but for Mother's Day brunch I did eggs benedict with hollandaise sauce made from scratch. Its been several years since I made it so I was everything turned out excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic