Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's going on with the FL site?

Do you will still use this Forum with this hassle?

• Yes

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mandarin

Practically Family
It's like being on an express train that's moving very slowly in the middle of nowhere. The least you'd expect from the company is they keep you informed. It's been a while now.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't know if it's a coincidence, but since I marked all posts as read, it works quite well on the Mac, on the iPhone it sometimes hangs. But clearly better than some time ago.
But perfect is different.

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
It might help raise visibility of this issue by sending a message through the "Contact Us" section of the website. Site slowness or just being down is starting to feel like the Free Space on the TFL Bingo Card.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I think it’s either a hardware issue and or something to do with all the Ads.

There is a ton of content archived including photos. It’s all takes space to store and process. JMO, but another forum I belong to with similar content, has gone through several server upgrades over the years and works flawlessly. Mind you, they dont’t have near the amount of ADware running as this site.

Aloysius

It's usually unusable for me now, but I understand the ads really do pay for the site so if they're causing them the admins are in a hard place.

Either way, it's certainly depressing interaction (and consequently the value of the advertising). I often think of posting something, then the site doesn't load, so I forget about it. Other times I do post things but they end up never going through due to the site issues.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I also think it is the script of the adsense, this new ad can bypass adblock on my browser so I think it was a more persistent script that load when the page is loading making the loading time unberable slow, although the bartender said it was another problem

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I hope they find a better less intrusive ad banner formats, since none of the ad has anything to do with outerwear or my interest. so probably it won't get much click by anyone unless it is accidental clicking it out of impatience

58panheadfan

One Too Many
It's usually unusable for me now, but I understand the ads really do pay for the site so if they're causing them the admins are in a hard place.
Well, that's one of those things with paid advertising on a site. On the one hand, it's understandable, but on the other hand, the service provided by the site operators should be such everything works perfectly otherwise the client will back out sooner or later.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
In addition, the affiliate links are linked to two of the sh*ttiest companies currently on the market. It would be much nicer if the FL site formed affiliates with local, smaller partners as already happend with thurston bros. etc.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
I'd agree to pay a voluntary monthly fee to get rid of the ads and get the performance back..
This site is also used as a sales platform and a small sales commission (emphasis on small) may be payable. The sales platform on this site has increased massively over the last 2-3 years, probably also because the Feebay site cannot be able to get enough including the disgusting behavior of the company mentioned in relation to buyer and seller conditions.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I agree with @58panheadfan and @TartuWolf

I‘d be willing to pay a voluntary annual fee to the site and a fee to list jackets for sale if it meant getting rid of the ads.

On a positive note, the site is running at warp speed with morning …. That said, I fear all of the dilithium crystals will be used up by noon and we will be back on impulse power.

Aloysius

And for all this the ads are a waste for the advertiser. I mean has anyone even glanced at them. Totally wrong target group
The most bizarre one is the watchmojo on the side which usually advertises things a couple of years too late (but as I start writing this it's advertising the very TFL friendly upcoming Scorsese film lol).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy