Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats on your Christmas list for this year????

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Gosh. I really had to think about what I wanted for Christmas this year when my brother asked. I'm trying to live a simpler life and adding more "stuff" to the mix isn't in the equation.

I *need* a new computer, but I'm pretty sure that will have to be something I buy myself after I save enough money.

Books, music, and classic movies are always at the top of the list for me, though I have plenty of all three right now.

duggap

Banned
I need a girlfriend. Preferrable one with money and looks. Age is no problem, I have enough for both of us. Ok, just give me some fudge and I will hush.:p

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
I have the Savoy Cocktail book - interesting, I liked it.

Christmas list? I'd like to order an Aero horsehide coat, but I can't decide which one! Sure won't have it by Christmas, but that's not really important to me, would just like to know one's on the way.

OldSoul

Familiar Face
I once asked my family not to buy me gifts, as I don't really like the consumer aspect of Christmas,

and on Christmas day (when I hadn't bought anything for anyone, sticking to my guns) I found more then a few gifts under the tree with my name on them...I felt like a weiner :eusa_doh:

I have never made 'lists' or asked for anything specific, my family knows me well enough so I usually get something I like :)

Although, if I were too get some speed parts for my newly aquired Model A I would not complain...

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
My fervent wish is for a non-stressful, happy Christmas with family and nobody crying. (Especially me ;) ) But, since I'm hosting this year, I'm guessing that non-stressful parts out.. lol

In more tangible items, I'm asking Santa for:
Lots of kitchenwares; a pepper grinder, an analog kitchen scale, an Air-Bake cookie sheet, kitchen shears, and kitchen linens.
And a few pretties for me like flannel pjs, an argyle sweater and a Trashy Diva Trixie dress.

Vanessa

One Too Many
KSM150PSPK_AB-Default_290X290_HO.jpg

But it doesn't have to be pink. . .:D

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
Vanessa said:
KSM150PSPK_AB-Default_290X290_HO.jpg

But it doesn't have to be pink. . .:D

One of those (actually bigger - you know how guys are...more power) was a Christmas gift to my wife years back. A few days before Christmas, she was making a ton of cookies and asked me to knead the dough with a hand mixer. Several minutes later, I asked her if it was normal for smoke to come out of the mixer. :eek:

Vanessa

One Too Many
DBLIII said:
One of those (actually bigger - you know how guys are...more power) was a Christmas gift to my wife years back. A few days before Christmas, she was making a ton of cookies and asked me to knead the dough with a hand mixer. Several minutes later, I asked her if it was normal for smoke to come out of the mixer. :eek:

Were the cookies salvageable?

de Stokesay

One of the Regulars
I'm not familiar with the Savoy Cocktail book, but have been quite disappointed with other new pink elephant books that I have seen. They all seem to be made for people who don't drink. [huh]

I did find one at a yard sale some time ago that was published in the 1950's. Those recipes actually had some alcohol in them (4-6 oz. per drink as opposed to the measly modern standard of 1-2 oz.:p)

I do like to taste the alcohol when I have a drink.

de Stokesay

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I tend to keep wish lists year round, because it's very easy to like something and then go back and not be able to find it. I just send the links to the lists with a note that these are just suggestions and I do not expect anything from these lists - they're just ideas!

Currently the lists are:
Sephora
Anthropologie
Amazon

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
I wish for good health and job security, as well as affordable schooling (not just for myself, for everybody!)

oh also:
gift cards for joann fabrics, barnes and noble, and target, possibly some new comfy shoes and a new sweater or two (knitted by the gramma if I can talk her into it!).

a decent man would be nice too! :p

Edward

Bartender
This year I kept it simple as far as possible when my folks asked for it as they already helped me a bit with some other stuff. I don't know what I'll get, but I did put on my list a rather nice Marks and Spencer DB navy blazer I've seen, a Merkur Travel Razor, and a couple of books and DVDs.

benstephens

Practically Family
The Savoy Cocktail book I think is the bible of cocktail books. It is a re-print of the 1930s. You will certainly taste the alchol in the drinks!!

Kindest Regards

Ben

Sertsa

One of the Regulars
A new job. (Layoffs are coming in my current one. And it's not the best for me anyway). Maybe I'll finally be able to get one where I can help the world be a better place. (Those are surprisingly hard to come by, at least where I live).

As for stuff, I really have plenty of instruments and books. I could use some clothes, and I just bought a watch (used). I could use a new briefcase/laptop bag, though. That's about it. Most of what I need is simply life stuff I need to take care of.

Dear Santa,

For myself, if it's posible to receive as a gift, a NEW JOB!
This is first and foremost on my list.

After that a suit or two from Matt Deckard
some Spectator shoes
redecorate the house
maybe a new S&W M1917 revolver in 45ACP with moon clips

Believe me, Saint Nick, I have been as good as I can be!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Oddly enough..

there is nothing on my list.

There is nothing people could -give- me, that would improve my life in any tangible way. Sure, there is more random stuff I could accumulate, but that tends not to improve things.

So if I could have something for Christmas, tranquility might be on the list. That and improvement in the health conditions of loved ones, since when they are in pain, so am I.

just_me

Practically Family
I don't have a list. I just splurged and bought myself a new camera, so I can't really think of anything else I need.

Now that I think about it, the Grand prize winning Lotto ticket would be nice.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic