Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the deal with these, 79 or 53?

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
From what I see, it looks legtimately 50's to me. I see no reason why this should be from 1979/80.
Interesting garment - nothing I would wear, but quite fancy construction.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Hm. The Kayjet Co. Winnipeg website tells us that the company was incorporated in 1979, but existed as a family business since 1908:

http://www.kayjet.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=about

If it is a faithfully done "reproduction" from 1979/80, the "typical 50's" features could be misleading.
If it is from 1979 or later, shouldn't there be an indication on the label of it being incorporated though?

Difficult case IMO.

rocknroper

New in Town
Well I'm glad I'm not the guy who paid $1,400 for that one and $1,200 for the other one he is selling, and then had to try and get my money back. But at least it seems like the money was refunded. and the suits are both back up, you would think the seller would try and get someone larger to model them. Oh well, the mystery goes on.

Metatron

One Too Many
Great label:' As new as the times!' If the aircraft in the label is meant to suggest 'cutting edge' as per the label, than it's from the 1950s, because it looks like an early jet.
It's a bit hard for me to look at that suit and not think 'karate'

rocknroper

New in Town
Yes I thought the same thing, looks more like a Judo uniform, but that might just be because its 4 sizes to big for the guy in the photo who is wearing it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner