Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your Ebay ID?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hey gals! I think we did this once before a year or so back but what's your Ebay IDs so we can make sure not to big against one another?

Mine's laurenh :D

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mine is NeedPez

Did you all know that E-Bay was founded because the founders wife was a PEZ collector and wanted a way to get her hands on dispensers not sold in her area. The dispensers vary from coast to coast, and what one finds in California, might not be found in Massachusetts, China, or different parts of Europe. Thanks to Ebay, I can get all the PEZ imagineable from all over the world. Hence my name, NeedPez, was chosen when EBay first sarted up as a site for PEZ collectors. There's even an Ebay PEZ dispenser!
So, we should all thank our favorite childhood gadget, the PEZ dispenser, for bringing us EBay, for without them, where would we get the majority of our vintage items?? And if anyone finds any old PEZ hanging around in the attic, hold on to it, it could be worth some bucks. Or, you could always send it my way to add to my collection of 600+ dispensers:D

Feraud

Bartender
Daisy Buchanan said:
Did you all know that E-Bay was founded because the founders wife was a PEZ collector and wanted a way to get her hands on dispensers not sold in her area.
Daisy, I had heard the Ebay Pez story was just a marketing ploy.
A net search provided this tidbit..
Legends have grown up about the early days of Auction Web, which changed its name to the more familiar eBay in 1997.

According to one myth, the site came into being because Mr Omidyar's fiancee, Pam Wesley, wanted to contact other people who shared her hobby of trading Pez sweet dispensers.

That story was a product of public relations - but it is true that the first item sold was Mr Omidyar's own broken laser pointer, which went for $14 despite being essentially worthless.
For the full article.

Sometimes a good Horatio Alger story works wonders! :)

mikepara

Practically Family
Mines..

tynesideirish

Named after the famous Tyneside Irish Brigade during WWI decimated at the Somme. Also my interest started because I'm from Tyneside and am funnily enough of Irish stock. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot