Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's Your Fav Hairspray?

cecil

A-List Customer
Cedel hair lacquer!! Holds through anything and comes in a cute can. This is the only picture i could find.
256277.gif

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Bumping up this oldie. I'm done with Aquanet as I swear they've changed their formula and it just doesn't work for me anymore. I splurged and I love L'Oreal's Elnett but my purse does not love the price. :( Any one care to share their tried and true brands that won't cost me an arm in the check out line?

olive bleu

One Too Many
5959e5a29d45533fd6e4ac32fdea5a69_ra,w250,h500.jpeg

Garnier Fructis, Hold & Flex, Anti-Frizz hairspray. about $5. Never fails to hold my crazy frizzy hair. I can straighten in the morning and my hair is glossy and smooth at the end of the day, even in the rain! and the appley smell is delicious.

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
I splurged and I love L'Oreal's Elnett but my purse does not love the price. :( Any one care to share their tried and true brands that won't cost me an arm in the check out line?
Also a fan of Elnett (unscented). The purse size is cheaper. The only thing I have an issue with when using the Elnett is it flakes up my hair after three days of use on unwashed hair. So, I have been spritzing my hair with water to take away some of the white flakes, it helps a little. And Aussie Syndney Smooth pump will always be my go to hairspray (less white flakes but does not brush out well) sometimes it does not work with my thick hair. This is what I like about the Elnett it keeps my thick hair in place with less styling products.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
^^ I read a lot of reviews about people not liking the smell of Elnett but I rather like it. :) It has a true "vintage smell" that reminds me of the way salons used to smell when you walked inside. I noticed too that it gets flakey if you don't wash your hair daily.

Thanks for all the recs, ladies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo