Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favorite Breakfast Cereal...

green papaya

One Too Many
Wheaties.jpg

Wheaties the breakfast of champions!

Quaker oatmeal

Raisen bran

Kellog's corn flakes

Corn pops

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
fortworthgal said:
Although I'm a self-proclaimed junk food junkie, I generally prefer healthier cereals over the super sweet kind. My favorites are Honey Nut Cheerios, Raisin Bran, Grape Nuts, Shredded Wheat, and Corn Flakes with fresh sliced banana. I do occasionally love Corn Pops and Honey Smacks, though!

I actually prefer hot cereals - oatmeal with fruit or brown sugar and butter, Cream of Wheat, or Malt O Meal.

Have you tried the 'new' raisin bran crunch? Thats some pretty good stuff.
*shutter* Corn Pops. Had a bad experience with them as a kid. Wont go into details, but cant eat it.

LD

Phil

A-List Customer
I rember I loved the Pop-tart cereal for the short time that it was around. It was sooo good! I'm not sure why they took them off the market. Actually in a search on eBay I found a "fresh", unopened box of the cereal.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mmmmm, Frosted Flakes, they're grreeaatt.
Do you ever notice that the sugary cereals rarely get soggy in milk. Must be that coating of sugar is a protective barrier, new it had a good cause.

I really like oatmeal, especially in the winter. I cook it up with brown sugar and bananas. The bananas get carmelized from the heat and the brown sugar, it is simply scrumptious.

Between this and the candy thread, I'm begining to see a very bad pattern. I really like sugar. I do have an excuse, I have to take prednisone, a kind of steroid, and this is notorious for causing sugar cravings. Uh oh, now I'm making excuses, this is definitely a sign of addiction. I do think it's because I was deprived of sugar as a child. I like cookies and cakes a lot too. Hmmm, and I've been wondering why my jeans are tight. It's the steroids, really, really???

Phil

A-List Customer
Sugar does help keep ceral crispy

I actually did a science project on that back in 6th grade. My thesis was if a coating of sugar helped keep the cereal crunchier longer. It came out that it kept the ceral cruchy eithe marginally, Trix, or drastically, Frosted Flakes, when compared to the controll of Cheerios. IT may be why I don't eat as much cereal anymore.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Doh! said:
Lucky Charms.

Must be my Irish heritage.

"They're always after me Lucky Charms" Patty O'Brian starring in Austin Powers, or is that from a "telleveesion commeercial" Frau Fabisina, also from Austin Powers.

Lucky Charms are very yummy. I'm a big fan of the tiny marshmallows, actually any marshmallow is good to me. I even like those tiny multi-colored ones that are supposed to be fruit flavored but all taste the same.
I also know, and I don't think he's posted in here yet, that Hemingway Jones really likes Lucky Charms!! Did you see the special collectors box, Star Wars Lucky charms. They had about four differnt ones, with various character holograms on them. I'm not into Star Wars collecting, but I thought the boxes were cool, so I bought one. I was hoping to keep them as a collectible, he ate them.. hehe. I guess it was a good thing, I would have ended not being able to hold onto an unopened box of cereal for a long period of time in hopes that it would appreciate in value. I'll stick to the PEZ collecting. Which, speaking of cereal were offered in special boxes of Honey Nut cheerios, trix, lucky charms, and one other that I can't think of right now. Very cute mini dispensers with the cereal characters on them. If you ever got one, hold onto it. They might actually be worth something someday, for they were not originally mass produced.:eek:fftopic: sorry

Doh!

One Too Many
I've eaten a box of Charms at least 10 times a year since I could hold a spoon -- how the heck did I miss the "Star Wars" version??

(Oh, and I do collect such things.)

Novella

Practically Family
I love Quaker Oatmeal squares (any of the flavors will do)! Cinnamon toast crunch, Lucky Charms, and Cheerios are good too. Original and honey nut Cheerios are the best, although I recently tried the fruity ones and they're pretty good too - like a less sugary version of Froot Loops. When I was little I tried to covertly throw away all the plain cereal pieces and eat just the marshmallows in my bowl of Lucky Charms, although the pile of pieces in the garbage can usually would end up with me being caught.

As far as hot cereal goes I like Quaker instant oatmeal and cream of wheat, the brown sugar versions please.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
My favorite when I'm wanting to eat healthy is Grape Nuts, but when I want to be bad, I eat Boo Berry, my all-time favorite cereal when I was a kid.

Anybody remember Freakies? I must have got sucked into the marketing, since at one time I had all the cereal prizes. I can't remember what the cereal tasted like, however.

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97