Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favourite Red Hair colour?

vintage_jayhawk

One of the Regulars
Well, I've let it settle for several days and it's getting better. Still a little to purple-y for my liking, but I think we're getting there. We'll give it a couple more days and see how it looks then.

DeeAnn

New in Town
L'Oreal R75 ??

Hello!

Help!!

I've been using L'Oreal R75 bright copper red / flaming red for some time now and my stockpile is down to one box! :cry:

I've found ONE sort of dodgy looking webstore that lists it as a limited availability product but there's no links there to contact a human being to inquire if they actually have access to any.

I'm trying to come to grips with the fact that my beloved R75 is no more..

Can anyone suggest a good replacement? I love the shimmer that the Feria gives, no other color I've ever used does that.

I tried the local salon and they couldn't assure me they could mix anything that would match it. :(

I love intense flaming reds and I'm really disappointed in L'Oreal for discontinuing this awesome color..

Suggestions??

Thank you!! :)

missa

New in Town
my hair colour

Hi,

I thought I'd ad the colour I use. I am naturally a light brownish colour with copper tones and I use Clairol Nice n' Easy 108 Natural Reddish Blonde.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Oh help gals... my hair is a MESS!!!!

My very thick naturally curly brunette hair has been taking a bashing, mainly the sun over the summer. I used a few different reds on it and now it looks dire.

Any ideas for injecting some colour and lots of condition into it? Looks awful and I'm at a friends wedding in a few weeks. I'm also finally (at 37) getting a few greys....

HELP!!!!!! (I'm in the UK by the way)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Can you be more specific about "mess"? Does it look/feel dry? Is the color splotchy? Was it exposed to chlorinated pool water? Is it fragile and breaking? What you need depends on these questions.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Hi Kamikat,

well it's patchy in colour....lighter at the roots...darker at the ends. It needs a good chop but I can't sit at the hairdressers for a colour at the moment because I hurt my back and can't sit in the chair for too long! So it needs to be a home treatment. It's not breaking, and I haven't been to the pool, so no chlorine.

Any help gratefully received!

K

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I might have bad news for you. When you were coloring it different shades of red, was it at home or the salon? Did the color sit on the whole hair shaft to develop or on the roots for a time, then pulled through the ends? If the hair is much darker on the ends, it usually means that the ends have become more damaged and porous. Porous ends will grab the color stronger than undamaged hair. There are two ways to fix this, one being the healthy way and the other causes more damage, but neither of which can be done at home. The healthy way to to trim off the darker hair. The damaging way keeps the length but requires a corrective color, which can involve a bleach wash to lighten the ends, followed by a deposit-only color application. One possible way to even out the color at home would be to get a semi-permanent color that is the same color as the dark ends and apply it to your roots and the hair shaft, stopping at where it gets darker. If you apply the semi-permanent color to the darker ends, it will grab and will become even darker. If you decide to go this route, do a protein treatment first. I don't know what you can find in the UK, but I'm sure there is something available.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
kamikat said:
One possible way to even out the color at home would be to get a semi-permanent color that is the same color as the dark ends and apply it to your roots and the hair shaft, stopping at where it gets darker. If you apply the semi-permanent color to the darker ends, it will grab and will become even darker. If you decide to go this route, do a protein treatment first. I don't know what you can find in the UK, but I'm sure there is something available.

I have this happen periodically to my hair...and when i dont want to cut it off I do the above and it does -help- even out....its not perfect by any means as Kamikat wisely says, but if you are truely stuck at home.....it would help for a while to even it out until you can go in....

D, who is a very very bad girl with color sometimes...

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Thanks Kami and miss N....

Think I need to spend time in the hairdressing confession booth. :eek:

hairdresser chum is going to come and cut it for me and I'm going to ask her to do the semi permanent treatment you suggested. I can't go to this wedding with this hair! After that I'm going to bob it as I have very few Living history events over winter.

Thanks again!

x

KnoxvilleRoxie

New in Town
Colour B4

LIVE or Manic Panic is always a good colour to go with.
If you can get it use colour before which is avaliable at boots only (UK only) but I think you can order it in.
But saves bleaching and alot of damage to your hair!

KnoxvilleRoxie

New in Town
Toner?

vintage_jayhawk said:
Well, I've let it settle for several days and it's getting better. Still a little to purple-y for my liking, but I think we're getting there. We'll give it a couple more days and see how it looks then.

Could you try a toner?

cordelia

New in Town
did this one, last week.
I didn't applied on all hair.
it's 9.7 igora schwartzkopf.
i found it very cute, and it gives light around the head
:)

cordelia

New in Town
Jirina said:
I finally found the colour i've been looking for a long time!
I like natural looking red colour.

Here's my haircolour nowadays!

31020094231pieni.jpg

this colour is beautyful, and you are beautyfull to !!

really !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo