Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When are you too old for a Beatle's suit

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Rundquist said:
To me high waisted men’s pants are just as kooky as anything from the 60’s. Cheers

Correction; low waisted pants being worn high waisted is kooky, pants that are cut to be worn high are sharp. ;)

Much rather see a gut under a pair of high cut pants then spilling over the top of a pair of pants which is just too common for words today :eusa_doh:

BTJepson

New in Town
I actually own the Shea Jacket, Ed Sullivan Suit and the Collarless Suit from Beatlesuits.com. Russ Lease, the owner and operator of the site and the creator of the clothes is tops in my book. He actually prefers if you call him and place the order to make sure that you are getting exactly what you need. The Shea Jacket was my first purchase from him and it looks great and fits very well. Russ actually owns Paul McCartney's original jacket worn at Shea in 1965. He also owns Ringo's jacket from the Abbey Road album cover as well as the drumhead from Ringo's kit that was used on the original Ed Sullivan show in Feb. of '64. He's a major Beatles collector and a heckuva standup guy.

My Ed Sullivan suit is one of my favorites to wear and it looks very sharp without being overtly "Beatlesque." Now, I must say that I am in a Beatles tribute band, but I wear that Sullivan suit when I'm not onstage. There are rear pockets in the pants and inside pockets in the jacket, so it's not too bad to wear it as a non-stage suit.

I don't wear the collarless suit much since it is so Beatle-y but it's very cool for what it is. The jacket on that one doesn't fit me as nicely as I'd like, but I haven't bothered to have it tailored more for my body. The Shea and Sullivan suits fit me very well with no alterations.

I have a friend that just bought the Rubber Soul jacket from Russ and it's a very well made and heavy suede, fully lined jacket.

Russ' suits are very cool and he's a very easy guy to work with. If you're not happy, he'll make it right. I have no connection with him beyond the fact that I love wearing the suits that I bought from him! If I were you, and you're on the fence over what to buy from beatlesuits.com, I'd say go with the Sullivan suit or the Shea jacket. They're both gear, fab!

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Senator Jack said:
Way to go, Dixon! Is that the frock coat you're ordering? I have to say, I really like the Shea Stadium jacket too.

I've always loved the cut of the suits, and of course the chesterfield collars are a selling point, but I'm unsure if I can deal with a jacket with no front pockets. I think I'm going to contact MyTailor.com and see what he can do with a chesterfield collar. Post that link when you can.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Yes Senator Jack, it is the frock coat. I had mine made in Britain, up in Liverpool and it arrived this Thursday (17Dec09). I attached a couple of pix in 'Outerwear' for your perusal. I am well pleased with my purhcase!

-dixon cannon

Dixon Cannon

Senator Jack said:
Anyone else see this documentary:
How The Beatles Rocked The Kremlin

I caught it from the middle and while I was skeptically thinking, 'okay, now they've gone a bit too far with this Beatles changed the world worship' the interviewees who were there at the time swear the impact led to the end of the Soviet Union.

Regards,

Jack

Indeed I did! Excellent! It is amazing the influence the Fabs had on a population of young people who never saw them perform. I particularly like the bit about making bootleg records on old x-ray film! That's desparate!

-dixon cannon

Dixon Cannon

BTJepson said:
Russ' suits are very cool and he's a very easy guy to work with. If you're not happy, he'll make it right. I have no connection with him beyond the fact that I love wearing the suits that I bought from him! If I were you, and you're on the fence over what to buy from beatlesuits.com, I'd say go with the Sullivan suit or the Shea jacket. They're both gear, fab![/QUOTE]

Wow! BT, I had the exact opposite experience. I ordered my jacket and paid in full and then waited and waited and waited. I had sent exact measurements for a suit coat with my order so there would be no size discrepancy. After waiting months to get mine from Russ Lease, it arrived too small - he never even used the measurements I sent to him! His attitude was 'just send it back' - after waiting months for it in the first place. I just asked for my money back. I was far more pleased with the service from Mark at BeatWear in Liverpool. After meeting him in Las Vegas, I flew over to Liverpool to see his store, got measured and I'm wearing a beautifully made BeatWear 'Abbey Road' frock coat now. I bloody luv it, mate!

-dixon cannon

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Shea jkt old & new

The newer version worn by Paul McCartney last summer hasnt got the militaria breast pockets or epaulets.

2360687853_4ebe42aa58.jpg

3928075956_1fc11957bd.jpg

3734569636_a85b6c4360.jpg

metropd

One Too Many
Jack, you own this style. You are handsome and always look confident in the late 50's and early 60's style. In fact Mad Men should be taking notes from you. Keep on rockin' it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran