Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I find one of these

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Nobody has my size (44 s) as it seems all the good stuff is 37-40 in size....Does anyone know of a good location to get this ttyle of clothes?
fa7567ce.jpg

I found this on Ebay but it wasn't my size so I copied the photo for reference. Maybe a trip to Vintage Expo ......
Is this the style we all love? It is a nice brown with a hint of maybe gray in it.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Greatings.
I read your dilemna. I know how hard it is to find large sizes in 1930's and 40's clothing, however it is not impossable. I have been collecting since 1996 and have two closets full of clothing from the period (Mattdeckard keeps coming over to see the stuff). My trick is to look everywhere and not to be too picky.
I am a 44 long and I do find 44 regs more than 44 long. try AAArdvarks Odd Ark (You have one of the best ones in San Fran), just pop in as often as you can and look. I have found alot of suits at AAArdvarks for a fraction of the price that other vintage shops charge; however, if you are desperate for a 40's suit and money is no object, I do know of 2 excellent dealers who live in San Francisco that might be of assistance.
Matt tells me you already know Art Fawcett.
Look up Roberto--- I will try to get his info to you soon and post it.

if you have any questions please ask me I would be happy to help.

RobValcopy-vi.jpg

Me and my good Friend Val out in our vintage duds.

Good Day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner