Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I find "The Skeleton Dance" -1929

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
In the Halloween spirit I have been longing to see this classic animated short. This was always one of my favorites growing up. Does anyone know where I can find a copy? Every Halloween the Disney Channel used to play it, but now it seems the shows don't seem to have anything to do with Disney. I saw it on Amazon in a Merry Melodies collection for a whopping $50+ (eek! I like it, but not that much!) Thanks, all!

skeletondance.jpg

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I could only find it in the "Disney Treasures - Silly Symphonies" box set - a $50+ collection, but a truly *great* one. It doesn't seem to be out in a more modest DVD release. As usual, for all their supposed marketing saavy, Disney doesn't have its classic legacy easily available the way they should!

I've had a 16mm print of it for many years, but alas, that won't help you...

Hondo

One Too Many
I've had a 16mm print of it for many years, but alas, that won't help you...

Isn't it easy to take that 16mm to any photo processing shop and change it into DVR or DVD format/disk?, Hope maybe next never know.. :cool:

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Kensington Video

Hey Lauren,

I know it's way past Halloween, but if you are ever looking for an obscure -- and I do mean obscure -- film, try Kensington Video in Kensington. It's a bit of a drive from North County but they really do have EVERYTHING. I bet they'd have a copy of The Skeleton Dance there! One word of caution: they have really short rental periods (1 day? 2 days? I can't remember).

~ Queenie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats