Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

pgoat

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Mine is just a slightly more naughty version of my stage name, which is Miss Bella Inferno. I wanted to change it to Bella Hell but the other girls wouldn't let me! Oh, well.

Goodness! What is your stage act, may we know? I am conjuring flashbacks to Comedy Central's Viva Variety or scenes from a film called Roadside Prophets......

pgoat

One Too Many
Shazam said:
I'm a comic book fan so mine comes from what Billy Batson says to turn into Captain Marvel. I'm also a fan of Gomer Pyle so it comes from there too.

- Shazam

I just finished reading Sometimes a Great Notion by Ken Kesey - a must read for you (If you haven't already), as your user name is central to the plot.

pgoat

One Too Many
thebadmamajama said:
I am usually a very calm person, except when I start swing dancing. One of the instructors a few years back saw me and how crazy and happy I get when I dance, and he screamed out to the leads, "Watch out for that Bad Mama Jama!"

After that, I discovered the Stevie Wonder song, and that sealed the deal. ;)

you still get my vote for best screen name, B M J

pgoat

One Too Many
Dan G said:
Thank you for your service Twitch. You're service during an unpopular time is very often the most overlooked and I wish to extend my eternal gratitude and appreciation.:eusa_clap

here here. I am a dove, btw, but appreciate what every serviceman/woman does. You earned your screen name and then some. thanks

pgoat

One Too Many
and yet MORE Freakinessssss!!!!!!!!1

Micawber said:
Dickens if I know but something will turn up :eusa_doh:

Doh!

Just started reading David Copperfield today.....what the heck is this????:eek:

yikes - time to sign off; I drank too much coffee tonight!

pgoat

One Too Many
Mustang said:
pgoat, your name was one of those that had me wondering and got me to bumping this thread.

I also use it on other sites - I have gotten asked whether it was because of something called 'infinite jest' - a computer game, mayhaps? I ferget......

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Ada Veen said:
amateis is a beautiful name.

Thanks, Ada Veen! :eek:fftopic: We're an Italian family, but supposedly our name is Old French. Since we're from the Piedmont Region in Northern Italy where the French House of Savoy was, that may offer a clue. I'm trying to do some family history, but knowing Italian sure would help. :)

KilroyCD

One Too Many
My screen name comes from the living history group I'm co-founder of. While trying to find a name suitable for a group that does Civilian Defense impressions, I came up with "Kilroy's Homefront Commandos" after seeing an item in my collection with "Kilroy Was Here" on it. Since then, in our neck of the woods, I have become known as "Kilroy" to just about all of my reenactor friends. I followed that up with my initials, which coincidentally are the same as Civilian Defense.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Robert Sacchi's character in The Man With Bogarts Face...a play off of Bogarts most famous characters: Sam Spade and Philip Marlowe...i took a liking to it :)

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
My username is from an Nero Wolfe novel, it's the name of a secretary or something that is very aware of and tired of the pun in her name.
I like Nero Wolfe, I like greek history, I loooooooove puns. So that has been an alias for me at several occations.

Foofoogal

Banned
I actually started here under another name and then changed it along the way when I opened my foo foo vintage store. You know girly foo foo stuff. I have since shut that store down for now and combined my clothing with my main inventory store which one can see on my profile.

rumblefish

One Too Many
AmateisGal said:
Thanks, Ada Veen! :eek:fftopic: We're an Italian family, but supposedly our name is Old French. Since we're from the Piedmont Region in Northern Italy where the French House of Savoy was, that may offer a clue. I'm trying to do some family history, but knowing Italian sure would help. :)

Ciao Paisan! My family is from Emilia Romagna.

oldmansit

New in Town
My dog Oldman (Beautiful Black Labrador). He has passsed on to greater things. He got his name because every time he sat down he grunted like an oldman. When he was a puppy and sat or lay down he grunted and I thought "you sound like an Oldman", so that was what I named him. I used to say Oldman sit (he would sit). I hate show my vunerable side but I miss him very dearly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff