Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy hair bandanas?

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I didn't find this in any searches. I am looking for a good webshop to buy myself some pretty cotton bandanas to use in my hair, (more or less Rosie-style). Anybody knows of a place to buy those, preferably cheap, larger in size and in many different colours?

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
I got mine for about 50 cents each at Value Village (a huge chain thrift store for those who don't have it). I got some a few years earlier just at the mall too, in one of those cheap little shops that sells bags and hair accessories. I think it would be cool to make some out of cool fabric too. I'd like to try black satin for a different look.

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
I got mine for about 50 cents each at Value Village (a huge chain thrift store for those who don't have it). I got some a few years earlier just at the mall too, in one of those cheap little shops that sells bags and hair accessories. I think it would be cool to make some out of cool fabric too. I'd like to try black satin for a different look.

I got mine from thrift stores. I reckon making some is a fab idea!

Puzzicato

One Too Many
I once saw a site that had Rosie bandannas pre-tied, with a bit of elastic in the back to help the fit. I didn't buy one on the spot and now I can't find it again! But I thought that was such a good idea, because I always give up because I get so frustrated trying to tuck the corners in.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You might have already tried this, but if you have some sort of "farming supply store" near you- a feed-store for animals, a tack shop for horses, etc. these places normally carry bandanas in the US, as well as work clothes for farmer types. They tend to be larger, I've found, because they are created for actual bandana use in the fields.

In the US, Tractor Supply Company will have them.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
You might have already tried this, but if you have some sort of "farming supply store" near you- a feed-store for animals, a tack shop for horses, etc. these places normally carry bandanas in the US, as well as work clothes for farmer types. They tend to be larger, I've found, because they are created for actual bandana use in the fields.

In the US, Tractor Supply Company will have them.

I agree with sheep lady I usually get mine at a farm supply here called Fleet Farm but I think having the bigger ones would be nice too because it would make the Tucking problem easier as I always feel I am short on bandana.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran