Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to get Akubras in US

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
Hello All-

Just have a general question. I am in the market for an Akubra CD and have seen several places to get them here in the US. Where did you get yours? What is the best place? Any hassles?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Pete

carldelo

One Too Many
xwray said:
I purchased a couple from davidmorgan.com....couldn't be happier with the service and product.

David Morgan doesn't carry the Camp Draft. I don't know of any US vendors that carry the CD, which is somewhat mystifying, given its popularity (at least on the lounge). If the OP is talking about general vendors of Akubra lids, then David Morgan (lounge sponsor) and Noggintops are both good sources stateside. For a CD I believe your choice is between Everything Australian and Hats Direct, both in Oz.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I wouldn't worry about ordering overseas. I mean, if shipping costs are your concern, the US vendors charge more for the hat due to taxes and all, thus the cost even out. Sometimes, if the timing is right, the currency conversion works out better to buy from Down Under. [huh]

Spats McGee

One Too Many
I got my CD from Everything Australian. It was the 3rd hat I've ordered from them. The first two orders went off without a hitch. There was a little confusion in the CD order, but Sam didn't hesitate to fix the problem when I brought it to his attention.

Lloyd

A-List Customer
As others have said EA or Hats Direct are your best choices in my opinion.
You'll probably pay less including shipping than you'll pay for just the hat from any American vendors, the color selection is usually better and you should have the hat in 7-10 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff