Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which is your favorite Golden Age movie studio

Which are your top 3 "Golden Age," American movie studios?

• Universal

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Monogram

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RKO-Radio

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Warner Bros.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Republic

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Columbia

• 20th Century-Fox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paramount

• MGM

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Another (?)

• Total voters

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Paramount's certainly one of my favorites. I took a tour of that studio the last time I was in LA.

I've taken it, too; good to see so many standing sets from years ago still being used. Any studio that had names on its rosters like Valentino, Mae West, Gary Cooper, Carlos Gardel, the Marx Brothers, Dorothy Lamour, Alan Ladd, Veronica Lake, Popeye, and Betty Boop is okay with me...

This was a tough choice--so many great films and studios to choose from--but ultimately I had to vote for Universal for the countless hours of pleasure I've derived from watching their classic horror films and their sequels over the years.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
RKO, thanks to their comparatively weak "mogul" profile and shifting leadership, which allowed them to put out an unusually wide variety of classic hits - from King Kong to the Rogers-Astaire musicals to the early work of Katharine (Box Office Poison) Hepburn to Citizen Kane.

My thoughts exactly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner