Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which religious group?

Which religion?

• Athiest/Agnostic/None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baptist

• Catholic

• Jewish

• Protestant

• Methodist

• Jehovah's Witness

• Mormon/Christ Scientist

• Islam

• Hindu/Buddist/Eastern

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

moustache

Practically Family
Politics and religion are sticky subjects.We do not discuss politics but religion is a dominant part of our lives,be it athiest or Christian,Jewish,etc,etc.Since i only had 10 spaces ,it was tough to fit all seperately.Apologies for that.I tried to list what i could.
Just curious how many here are religious.And a poll as to which belief.Hopefully i did this right.I have only tried polling once!
If one doesn't want to say,then i certainly understand.This is purely for curiousity as we are such a diverse group.And i really enjoy the conversations and thoughts therin.

JD

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Hard to say.

I haven't seen god so I'm not going to say he exists or does not. Religious standpoint I am up in the air.

I think there is a definite right and wrong in th mentality of humans though I think that could have easily come about through evolution.

Lutheran
Protestant
Jedi
Scientology

Church of the SubGenius.

dobbs.jpg

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Senator Jack said:
Church of the SubGenius.

dobbs.jpg

BOB!

I'm a practising chaos magician, so religion per se is a pretty flexible thing as far as I'm concerned. Spiritually, though, I identify as a Taoist with strong Discordian leanings.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I suppose I am agnostic, although I was raised Catholic. I went through a lot of periods of experimenting with Paganism and Atheism, but I think I'm pretty much settled on agnoticism.

Being with my current boyfriend has made me a bit more interested in Catholicism again, even though I will probably never be a practicing Catholic. His great-great uncle was actually ordained a saint (!) because he was a martyred priest. There is a church in Mexico that has a vial of his blood and his bloody clothes. Pretty crazy! I love all the superstition and ritual in Catholicism, and the way my boyfriend and his family practice their religion, in comparision to the way my family does (they are Mexican and my Catholic side is Irish), is very intriguing because it's so different, yet very similar.

Though my boyfriend isn't very religious, I think it's sweet the way he talks about Catholicism and his beliefs, because it's so very much tied to his family and his history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo