Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

While you all (or some) were on the Queen Mary, I was hat shopping in NYC...

Mycroft

One Too Many
Ok, I finally, after a year of Fedora Lounge membership got my first true fedora. I got it at J.J. Hat Center in NYC. It is an Argentinian(SP) Lagomarsino.

Pics:

CIMG0277.jpg

CIMG0279.jpg

cdcfc085.jpg

32536d39.jpg

45d10136.jpg

CIMG0282.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I'd like to see it on. Hats really come alive when worn. That is really the only way to see it proportionally to your face and to see how the brim and crown are styled. -Just a thought.
It looks like a great lid. The fur felt looks crushable and very soft. I have a vintage 1928 Adventurebilt whose felt looks like that.

That looks like a good choice of hat. By reputation, that hat maker has quite a few fans. I know several people who have them and swear they are the best off the rack modern hat for the price.
What does the inside look like? Congratulations on a new hat. Soon you will need 99 more. :p

Regards to all,

J

Mycroft

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
That looks like a good choice of hat. By reputation, that hat maker has quite a few fans. I know several people who have them and swear they are the best off the rack modern hat for the price.
What does the inside look like? Congratulations on a new hat. Soon you will need 99 more. :p

Regards to all,

J

The inside is black satin, really shiney and you can really see it with the flash on or when taking a picture, sorry. How are there quality in the rain etc. ?

Mycroft

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
They are good int he rain from what I hear. Probably better than most stetsons and Borsalinos of today. Give it a try. I think it should hold up fine. :cheers1:

Regards,

J

Ok, well funny enough, I was taking out of the trash and I hit a branch and got a little water on it and it dried up with a little wipe and a some of my breath. Works great and so soft, I highly recomend this brand.

BlueCrow

New in Town
Mycroft, since I live down here (and actually have a Lagomarsino distributor down the street), I've got a couple of those hats. Two felts and two Panamas; I'm no expert, but they are indeed good stuff.
Hope you like it.

EDIT: Link

Strider

One of the Regulars
I really like the tapered crown look on 30's style lids. The brim seems a bit wide in compaison to the relatively short crown height, though. How long/tall is the hat? Glad you're happy with it.

Mycroft

One Too Many
Strider said:
I really like the tapered crown look on 30's style lids. The brim seems a bit wide in compaison to the relatively short crown height, though. How long/tall is the hat? Glad you're happy with it.

Tail is the crown to the end of the brim right? And the brim is normal it just looks wider when it is laid down on a table (see other photos then it on a table/pillow).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183