Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White tie dress trousers Double stripe

Peter

New in Town
Good morning my dear chums!

I am currently putting together my white tie dress, but finding the correct dress trousers with a DOUBLE seam stripe is proving somewhat difficult.

Has anyone an idea where I may find some, at a sensible price?

I look forward to your assistance.

I remain &c

Your servant

Peter

Edward

Bartender
eBay is probably your best bet. My current white tie trousers came from Clermontdirect.co.uk - the quality is great, but the leg not as wide as a true thirties cut. Also, the leg stripe is doubled, but not the same as a true vintage double satin stripe. I believe Magnoli can produce them if you're going new.

The double stripe is, of course, a UK / European thing. To the best of my knowledge, in the US they have always worn the same, single stripe trews with both tails and dj. Not that many out of our circles would even notice this, of course...

Lokar

A-List Customer
I was always under the impression that for white tie, if your trousers were single striped, it was wider than that for black tie.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Edward said:
...The double stripe is, of course, a UK / European thing.

Heck, I would go as far as to say white tie is a UK/European thing. :(

People in America call that, "One o' dem penguin suits, har har." :eusa_doh:

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
One of our posters, Indy Magnoli (who advertises uptop), can make very nice white trousers, double strip, fishtail back, high waist, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24