Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who can tell me what kind of hat this is?

red_at_night

New in Town
hey everyone. im new here, this is my first post. i joined specifically to see if anyone here could tell me what kinda of hat this guy is wearing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8SHOClJn3w

the lead singer/guitarist. i've always thought that kind of hat was awesome, and i wanna get one but i don't know exactly what kind it is. any ideas?

red_at_night

New in Town
ill check that out. any response is greatly appreciated. i was never big into wearing hats like this until recently. i bought a nice pub-hat recently, and i love it, but that guys is really nice too. ill look into that response though, thanks a lot!

red_at_night

New in Town
It looks like a standard flat cap to me, the kind commonly associated with the working classes.
interesting, thanks for the reply. im gonna have a look around and try to find one. i just wanted to get some style names and things like that.

HatsEnough

Banned
While there are photos of lead singer Brian Fallon in 8 panel caps, I don't think the patchwork one he wore in your video is an 8 panel cap. It doesn't seem to be full enough to be an 8 paneler to me.
It seems to narrow to my eye.
gaslight_anthem_600.jpg

gaslight-anthem-800-021511.jpg

Seems to me to be a regular driving cap sortta thingie. There is one similar one HERE.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Haven't read the whole thread, but ...

If you do a search for Irish driving cap, quilted, I believe you'll find what you are looking for.
They are usually available in the Irish import shops, made from varying colors of tweed.

Good luck,

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass